• 05-02-2012 05:47 AM
    uninformed
    Replicel results released on yahoo
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/replic...123000737.html

Check it out guys, it's titled "RepliCel Releases Positive Results from the Interim Analysis of Data from its First-in-man TS001-2009 Clinical Trial"
  • 05-02-2012 06:03 AM
    ccmethinning
    Very, very bleh results.
  • 05-02-2012 06:04 AM
    inkt2002
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Very, very bleh results.

understatement of the year.
  • 05-02-2012 06:10 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by inkt2002 View Post
    understatement of the year.

ahha indeed.

But it didn't crash and burn and that's the most important thing we should take out from the release
  • 05-02-2012 06:14 AM
    inkt2002
    Quote:

Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
    ahha indeed.

But it didn't crash and burn and that's the most important thing we should take out from the release

We will let the market decide whether it crashed and burned in about 15 minutes.
  • 05-02-2012 06:18 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

We will let the market decide whether it crashed and burned in about 15 minutes.

should be okay they already locked up their funds through initial public offerings and private investors
  • 05-02-2012 06:32 AM
    Quote:

.........rofl
  • 05-02-2012 07:03 AM
    Kirby_
    Intercytex Part 2. :(
  • 05-02-2012 07:10 AM
    Delphi
    How can you not think this is incredibly positive news? We now know it is possible to grow hair from our own cultured cells safely without drugs of any kind. This is just the beginning!
  • 05-02-2012 07:12 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    How can you not think this is incredibly positive news? We now know it is possible to grow hair from our own cultured cells safely without drugs of any kind. This is just the beginning!

People need a reason to bitch.

The way they should be looking at it:

Histogen , Aderans and now Replicel have proven to grow hair on human scalp.

The race for curing hairloss has heated up.
  • 05-02-2012 07:15 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

Yeh. Even though I wouldn't call it incredible, it's definitely positive
  • 05-02-2012 07:21 AM
    Delphi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    People need a reason to bitch.

The way they should be looking at it:

Histogen , Aderans and now Replicel have proven to grow hair on human scalp.

The race for curing hairloss has heated up.

I can’t stand the negativity and mean spirits that some people on this forum have. It’s like they have no soul and want these treatments to fail.
  • 05-02-2012 07:23 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

I can’t stand the negativity and mean spirits that some people on this forum have. It’s like they have no soul and want these treatments to fail.

Some people just wanna be right so they can yell I TOLD YOU SO all over the internet... =s

Quite sad really
  • 05-02-2012 07:24 AM
    ccmethinning
    Oh come on guys these results are borderline statistically insignificant, especially given that 37% of placebo increases showed an increase.
  • 05-02-2012 07:24 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Yeah, worse case scenario, it is just another "finasteride" in the sense it regrows a bit of hair and maintains.

It would HELP many hairloss sufferers who are looking to maintain what they have got. But are scared of the sides. Like me.

I suspect the guys that are the most bitter are the high norwoods. NW4+, they are looking for a full head of hair, so are not happy with something that just maintains. Which is understandable I guess.
  • 05-02-2012 07:25 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Oh come on guys these results are borderline statistically insignificant, especially given that 37% of placebo increases showed an increase.

I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

I am sure David Hall and the team at Replicel will clear this up over the next couple of days. Just be glad that they grew SOME hair.
  • 05-02-2012 07:26 AM
    Artista
    "..terminal hair (thick hair) density increased by 12.5%"
    How could anyone view this as a 'failure'?
    We shall see the expanded report after the European Hair Research Society in Barcelona, Spain, June 21st-23rd, 2012.
    I'm SURE that when those subjects that grew 12.5% MORE hair in density, looks in the mirror every morning it makes them happy, (maybe a bit more relaxed) and looking forward to the eventual Phase IIb results.

I am! It is safe and effective and so Phase IIb will increase the dosage and everything else that's related to testing.
  • 05-02-2012 07:27 AM
    ccmethinning
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

I am sure David Hall and the team at Replicel will [spin this off] over the next couple of days. Just be glad that they grew SOME hair.

Fixed it for ya.
  • 05-02-2012 07:30 AM
    ccmethinning
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    We shall see the expanded report after the European Hair Research Society in Barcelona, Spain, June 21st-23rd, 2012.
    I'm SURE that when those subjects that grew 12.5% MORE hair in density, looks in the mirror every morning it makes them happy, (maybe a bit more relaxed) and looking forward to the eventual Phase IIb results.

I am! It is safe and effective and so Phase IIb will increase the dosage and everything else that's related to testing.

You misquoted (perhaps deliberately) VELLUS hair density increased 12.5%. Terminal hair density only increased 3.2%.

Phase 1 was already a megadose, and intercytex FAILED in phase 2.
  • 05-02-2012 07:30 AM
    inkt2002
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artista View Post

I would rather have the placebo they used. Almost the same performance, and probably much cheaper.
  • 05-02-2012 07:34 AM
    Davey Jones
    To start things off, I want to remind everyone that the injection was into the temple area. I saw several people wonder why they did that, as they thought it would be impossible to grow any hair at all there. So...that's good, right? This wasn't amazing news, but let's keep the faith, guys. They are doing okay when they're even growing hair in the placebo injection sites! (Har-har.)

All in all, I am happy it worked a little, which means that they can continue research (and I might not lose anything on those 500 stocks). How do these results stack up against Histogen and Aderans results from Phase I at six months?
  • 05-02-2012 07:37 AM
    Artista
    ccmethinning, you are so right. My apologies to all.
    Thanks for clarifying .
  • 05-02-2012 07:49 AM
    NeedHairASAP
    LOL

where are 2020 and Kiwi?

now can I say I told you so?

I told you that them not giving a date means they could push back results

I told you that the results would be a weak and/or vague letdown

wow... am I some sort of prophet?
  • 05-02-2012 07:54 AM
    uninformed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    LOL

where are 2020 and Kiwi?

You are so cooooool dude have a medal
  • 05-02-2012 10:19 AM
    chrisis
    Quote:

The results could either have been good or bad.

I think you'll need higher odds than 50/50 to predict something accurately and be labelled a prophet.

Maybe you're just a pessimistic person.
  • 05-02-2012 10:28 AM
    sausage
    Quote:

LOL

where are 2020 and Kiwi?

Prophet of talking bollox.
  • 05-02-2012 11:10 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    In terms of regrowth the numbers are horrible considering it was an insanely high dose. They may have a cellular based treatment to maintain and keep your hair which at least would mean a norwood 3 could put a freeze on hairloss and then fill up the hairline with FUE.

I'm assuming Aderans are miles ahead of this.
  • 05-02-2012 11:27 AM
    25 going on 65
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this trial was to determine safety and whether or not Replicel can grow hair (in the temples nonetheless). Now we know the answers are yes and yes. No one can predict whether it will succeed or fail, or how much hair it can ultimately grow, or whether Replicel's timetable can compete with those of other companies like Histogen or Aderans. But these results are precisely what was needed for R&D to continue on this treatment. In fact they are pretty much exactly what I expected out of a successful trial.
    Was anybody thinking they would announce a miracle cure at this point? Why all this worrying?

This is how medical research works in the USA and in other countries. "Bad news" would have been 0% hair growth. "Terrible news" would have been problems with safety and health. Neither of those things happened.
    Relax guys. :p
  • 05-02-2012 11:44 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

That is how it looks to me.

Folks need to learn how to pull their heads out of their butts. This is great news. This is one step closer to bringing a real cure to market.

BTW, a 12% increase would help someone like me a great deal. A little bit can make a big difference. Since it is reasonable to believe these results are compoundable, there is no reason to be so gloomy about it.
  • 05-02-2012 11:44 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    Thing is though, the number of cells was an order of magnitude or 2 higher than the envisaged treatment dose. Like 10 or 100 times more. They were talking about greater than 20% to beat finasteride. They have certainly fallen way short of expectations.

Consider this, finasteride and minoxidil were serendiptous findings. In other words it was visible with the naked eye. Replicel's treatment is clearly not.
  • 05-02-2012 11:58 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Replicel's treatment is clearly not.

You are thinking short term and looking for negatives. It takes a long time and many hair cycles for a human hair to transform from vellus to terminal. Longer than six months. We will know a lot more when we can see what this regrowth looks like a year after it started growing.

One notion everyone needs to get into their heads is that treating hair loss takes a long time. The speed of which is at the mercy of how long it takes a human hair to develop and transform into a normal terminal hair. This is naturally not a quick process. It is a painfully slow process. The key to kick start the process is to get the hair growing. Replicel has done that.
  • 05-02-2012 12:00 PM
    JJJJrS
    Not the most inspiring results at all. An increase of 3% terminal hairs is not much better than a placebo like others have pointed out. I'm not even sure if that's proof of any hair growth considering the natural cycling of hair follicles.

Most of us weren't excited with Histogen's and Aderan's results and Replicel in comparison is even more underwhelming. It's very clear that Replicel is a big work in progress and won't be releasing anything to market any time soon. I think they're going to have a lot of problems with funding going forward also.

I think they did a big disservice to everybody by hyping their treatment as a possible cure and paying websites and analysts to shamelessly promote their stock.

Before we get excited, I think we all have to demand proof that these treatments work (mouses don't count). That includes Replicel, Histogen, Aderans or Gho.
  • 05-02-2012 12:00 PM
    Supersixx
    So there you have it...................they couldn't even out do ROGAINE .
  • 05-02-2012 12:01 PM
    Supersixx
    OMG .Their stock is tanking! Lol
  • 05-02-2012 12:04 PM
    Tracy C
    Pull your heads out of your butts. Please. You have no idea how stupid and closed minded you are being.
  • 05-02-2012 12:14 PM
    neversaynever
    It's a poor result.

Because it's a cell based treatment, it's poor. There is no ****tail to play with, nothing to tinker, except increase the number of injected cells.

It certainly won't do for us what it did for mice.

The only positive is that there MIGHT be a dramatic increase in hair growth at 12 months.

Please do note, while they insist phase 1 is about safety primarily, way back they said it's about safety AND effectiveness.

I don't think they will grow new hairs at a rate that can be viable for a treatment. Replicels only hope now is to aim for 20% increase in terminal hairs by migrating cells into existing follicles.

You might laugh, but Dr Gho is the closest we have to a viable solution. He and Johoda) have proven that those upper DS cells can form an entire follicle.

Unfortunately, I think his damn patent prevents anyone from taking it to the next level.
  • 05-02-2012 12:28 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Well Jahoda showed implanting dermal papillae can form follicles and that's what Aderans are doing so maybe there's hope there. Also, while I remain skeptical of Dr. Gho, GCUK83 had the hair stem cell injection process where only the dermal papillae are implanted and that defintely has grown in. So can you multiply DP, inject and get growth? Yes. No idea why Replicel came up so short. I know they use DSC but still.

Some one mentioned harvesting human hair from hair grown from human stem cells on mice. Could that work? If so I'll take a 100 mice please.

If I'm honest, I did expect Replicel to get 20%. :(
  • 05-02-2012 12:30 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

Amen to that. I totally hear you, Delphi. It seems that a lot of people get so excited about spouting negativity with regards to new hair loss treatments/cures. It really is like they want these treatments to fail. I knew I should've have checked this topic because all I would see was negativity but curiosity unfortunately got the better of me.
  • 05-02-2012 12:33 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I knew I should've have checked this topic because all I would see was negativity but curiosity unfortunately got the better of me.

I can see the positive in their results. Maybe that is only because I choose to look for the positives. The positives are there - and you can see them if you choose to do so.
  • 05-02-2012 12:35 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Amen to that. I totally hear you, Delphi. It seems that a lot of people get so excited about spouting negativity with regards to new hair loss treatments/cures. It really is like they want these treatments to fail. I knew I should've have checked this topic because all I would see was negativity but curiosity unfortunately got the better of me.

I knew I "shouldn't" have checked this topic, that is. I typed the wrong thing.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth