• 03-04-2011 02:48 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    I feel — if it doesn't turn out to promote neoplasia or something (I don't think it will, and I hope it won't) — H.S.C. could be used alongside hair-transplantation and finasteride (or instead of finasteride, for those reluctant or unable to use it) to ward off further hairloss. To whether the effects of H.S.C. will be permanent, I can't say (and I don't believe anyone yet can); to its efficacy and patient-factors that may influence this, I also cannot say.

Therein lies my only concern.
  • 03-04-2011 03:11 PM
    UK_
    And true hair multiplication is still well over a decade away, it's so easy to get caught up in the current hype. I'd say 15 - 20 years we will have something, not a cure, but something, those banking on a cure in 2015 are dreaming.
  • 03-04-2011 04:32 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

One thing about Histogen's H.S.C.: as I said, I feel this prospect could be fruitful, but, I'd much like to see before–after shots of H.S.C. treatment of a bald area. Show me a few square inches of bare scalp, then that same area with even a dozen hairs (not "vellus hairs") growing out of it — without transplantation — and I promise you I'll get excited

Indeed. Otherwise, there's no telling how much of the measured increase in hair count might have been existing hairs that were simply coaxed out of the telogen phase rather than new hairs.
  • 03-04-2011 04:37 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Truthfully, Histogen's H.S.C. has completed stage 1 trials — most drugs that pass stage 1 testing go on to fail by stage 3.

Have they? I thought HSC was currently in phase 1 trials.
  • 03-04-2011 05:25 PM
    HairTalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post

I could be mistaken, but I think Histogen is beginning phase-2 clinical testing of H.S.C.
  • 03-04-2011 05:37 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post

They are in "Phase I/II" which means they are still testing the safety element associated more commonly with Phase I studies, Dr Ziering shall have some results for the hair loss community in the coming weeks, some 'exploratory studies to determine dosage arrangements for Phase II in spring this year'. I believe these are 50 patients receiving initial doses of the HSC, it usually takes 3 months before the first effects become noticable from a clinical perspective, I highly anticipate these, we also still have Aderans who are deeply entrenched (200+ subjects) in Phase II. We may hear from them later on in the year (September/October).
  • 03-04-2011 05:47 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Hairtalk is spot on - you have to ask yourself why companies are not pouring investment into Histogen, why isnt this company on the news? Shouldn't their phase I have been worldwide coverage?

If they stick to the original plan, the investment should come after the phase 1 trials are complete:

[IMG]http://www.*************/hair-loss/img/uploaded/2879_image215.jpg[/IMG]
  • 03-04-2011 05:50 PM
    Bakez
    Best case scenario for ACell:

In 1-2 years you might be able to get a 1000-1500 FUE transplant where all the extraction sites have no scarring whatsoever, and in maybe 50% of them a single hair grows back where the 2-3 graft used to be.

So essentially you might be able to get a 1 small FUE transplant where you can literally still do the sides and back to grade 0.5 and nobody will be able to tell unless they come up and start examining your head after it just got cut to grade 0.5.

That is the realistic scenario for the layman, based on the evidence in this thread and without hope judging my vision.
  • 03-04-2011 06:03 PM
    Bakez
    Actually lack of hype is probably a good thing when thinking about investment. Hype usually ends up over valuing everything, and investors have learnt the hard way (or should have) when dealing with hyped up industries or companies. IE they will be reluctant to put money into it
  • 03-04-2011 06:50 PM
    gmonasco
    We should probably take the Histogen discussion over to the relevant thread:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?p=23616

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads