• 05-16-2012 01:32 AM
    eqvist
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
    Enrollment of 56 patients with male pattern hair loss in the Phase I/II clinical trial of HSC has been completed, and the trial is ongoing. Dr. Gail Naughton, Histogen CEO and Chairman of the Board, presented the 12 week primary safety and efficacy data at the Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID) Annual Meeting on May 11, 2012.

Sounds like most of the patients were men (http://www.histogen.com/applications/hsc.htm)

Thanks!! This update Is the best we hade In a looong time and Itīs easy to be worried that It isn't this good. I know Itīs miles to hit the streets but hey guys u canīt say this donīt looks amazing!?
  • 05-16-2012 03:14 AM
    Pate
    Some observations:

- The Phase I/II was ENTIRELY on men. It says this clearly in the bottom right box "Methods".

- The women are from Ziering's IND trial, and there were ONLY FOUR WOMEN in his trial. So two of those women are shown there - at least 50% had cosmetically significant results. We don't know how the other two went, but they could have been good too.

- The Trichoscan photos are apparently from the men in the Phase I/II.

- I think this may be a STRONG indication that the treatments are indeed compoundable, at least for the first repeat injections. "Results indicate improved efficacy with additional injections."

- S1016 is the most interesting to me because he started with only maybe 40% (at a guess) terminal hair remaining, and ended with about 70%. If this could be repeated on a large scale it could be effectively full coverage for him - AT JUST 3 MONTHS! If he gets better at 12 months (as seems likely) this would have to be considered an effective treatment.

- I am kind of worried that the only results they are posting are those with a significant amount of terminal hair left. Would be interested to see results in someone who has 90% miniaturisation (which is about what I have in my NW 5 zone).

- Total increase in hair count is still only small. 7% in the Pilot study, about 10% in Phase I/II. Further reinforces that HSC is probably best for thickening hair rather than growing new hair.

Conclusion: Fantastic result, but hang on to every hair you can. I am losing confidence that this will work on slick bald scalp at all, and its effectiveness will probably fall off rapidly the greater the degree of miniaturisation.
  • 05-16-2012 03:27 AM
    Pate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    THE ONLY problem I have with this:

why so many injections? :confused: Couldn't they just up the dose? It's great that it works but it would take 1000+ injections to boost every single spot on your head

Because the growth factors have very limited mobility in the scalp skin. One of them in particular - I forget whether it's a wnt or follistatin, but one of them basically doesn't diffuse into the scalp. So a higher dose does nothing to spread the HSC around, it just means you have a higher dose within 2mm of the injection site.

It won't be any different from getting a tattoo. A tattoo is thousands of little injections, injecting a liquid into your skin. This will be exactly the same. It may hurt a bit, but I don't think you'll be caring if it grows your hair back.
  • 05-16-2012 03:45 AM
    worried
    i hope they launch their product as soon as possible
  • 05-16-2012 03:59 AM
    BoSox
    my hair is too thin, by the time HSC comes it won't reverse my hair loss.

I'm ****ed.
  • 05-16-2012 04:00 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    my hair is too thin, by the time HSC comes it won't reverse my hair loss.

I'm ****ed.

arent you on fin?
  • 05-16-2012 04:15 AM
    BoSox
    Yes, i've been on it for 5 years now, seems like my hair loss is getting more aggressive.. and i'm worried.
  • 05-16-2012 04:19 AM
    jpm
    Quote:

Yes, i've been on it for 5 years now, seems like my hair loss is getting more aggressive.. and i'm worried.

If you've had no problems with fin, then maybe dut could be an option?
  • 05-16-2012 04:51 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

How old are you?
  • 05-16-2012 05:26 AM
    the_dude78
    I just heard about Histogen now and I must say it sounds very promising. Is it realistic to hope for this to be on the market within 5 years time? And is it a one time injection or does it have to be repeated regularly?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

DR HAKAN DOGANAY/ 2000 GRAFTS / Implanter Pen+FUE
Yesterday 04:24 PM
Last Post By Hakan Doganay, MD
Yesterday 04:24 PM
"Trans-friendly hair transplant surgeons recommended?"
02-09-2024 08:47 PM
Last Post By SonopaalFounik
04-26-2024 10:32 PM