• 02-01-2011 08:00 AM
    KeepHoping
    Dr. Cooley
    With the successful plucking cases coming in would it be too much to ask to get some pictures of at least a few of these cases just to get an idea of the progress being made?
  • 02-01-2011 08:59 AM
    topcat
    Hurry, hurry step right up and have a seat in the chair. Who needs pictures when the ht industry has a long history of honesty and integrity? In my own repair journey I was able to take weekly pictures for the first 4 weeks, then monthly pictures for the next 11 months. I have now begun taking weekly pictures again after my second procedure and will move on to monthly pictures for the next 11 months. But I have been blessed with having the opportunity to own an exotic piece of equipment called a camera. So I am in an advantageous position and not everyone is as lucky. And after all, you are getting a discount so why would you need pictures.

Seriously though I hope it all works out. I guess I am just too cautious.
  • 02-01-2011 09:58 AM
    RichardDawkins
    I think we are on a good way here.

Well btw i say Thank You to all people who actually put themselves in the position to be the "guinea pig" for us other hairloss sufferers here.

Thank you very much
  • 02-01-2011 10:17 AM
    topcat
    Richard, I agree with you again. There is nothing wrong with being a pioneer but be intelligent, minimize your risk. If that 4000 figure I have read is true, then that is complete foolishness.

But sometimes you lose a few trailblazers along the way, that's the price of reaching the promised land.
  • 02-01-2011 10:38 AM
    RichardDawkins
    Yes you are right, but if it doesnt fail, all i can say to the 4000 hair guy is " Son of a Bitc* you got really lucky" :-)

And i know one thing for sure, when his turned out good, i will punch my face ten times a day for beeing just a "too" cautious moron ;)

I know and absolutely respect your arguments because of your back story. But if it works you can also benefit and this it whats so amazing in plucking hairs, everyone can benefit.

My calculations, i know they may seen stupid as anything but just to crunch a few numbers.

You have around 100.000 single hairs. A NW7 person has well around 20.000 visible hairs in his horseshoe area (i set this numbers really low to mark a real worst case).

And its said as a (stupid) rule of thumb that you need around 1000 Grafts per NW scale marker. NW 3 = 3000 Grafts and so on.

1 Graft consists of 2 hairs ( i wont count in 3 hair grafts because lets stick to the worst case).

So a NW7 would at least need 7000 Grafts or 14.000 hairs.

And now we assume that the plucking technique works as she is hoped to be. Then we have to harvest those 20.000 (its just a number here) and plant them. Lets say we loose around 4000 hairs (also just an extremely high number) then we would have 16.000 hairs transplanted (equals around 8000 Grafts).

After some time your horseshoe has getting back, your hair count will be around 20.000 from horseshoe and 16.000 transplanted. This would be 36.000 hairs from your 100.000.

I know its a stupid calculation but it shows at least what the possible benefits could be. And i also know that you need more procedures to get back to full density on your whole head. But with a fully working plucking technique, i would go for it.

Those numbers will get better of course when the autocloned hairs will be permanent. So i say we keep our fingers crossed that this thing will work so perfectly, that the next time someone mentions "mega session" , only tweezers are needed for this.

And another question iam asking myself is : If those plucked hairs in the reciepient area could also be seen as potential donor hair. So that we can see hair transplantation as donor area creating instead of illusion making.

Maybe these are really stupid ideas or thoughts, but i have the gut feeing that there is something to it.

topcat iam very thankful for your input because stuff like that keeps me personally thinking about those advances.
  • 02-01-2011 12:15 PM
    Gary Hitzig MD
    Appreciate your Calculations
    Remember results are measured by appearance, not numbers.
    If you can get proximity and naturalness of distribution your result will trump the same number of singlely distributed hairs,
    Duplicating recipient hairs without "clumping" accomplishes this.
    Can't do this with single hairs alone.
    Hope the "Vaccination" against hair loss or further hair loss is on the way
    Of course, time will tell-Just trying and hoping guys-I've lived this nightmare!

Best,
    GH
  • 02-01-2011 01:49 PM
    SilverSurfer
    Dr Cooley
    Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. I am very excited with all the new developments and hopefully in the near future I will have some work done by you with the Autoplucking technique. I am still waiting for an estimate of how many growth cycles the new hairs will develop and if their growth cycle will be that of a normal hair. Good luck with everything and please don't let external factors (like the lawsuit) discourage you from the work you are doing.

All the best.
  • 02-01-2011 02:31 PM
    Gary Hitzig MD
    I don't Have any lawsuits.
    14 years ago I caught staff "moonlighting" in my office on video camera thinking the cleaning service was stealing supplies. Those I caught tried to exhtort money from me or else they would claim I was a party to the plot (WHEN I THREATENED TO PROSECUTE). I went to court (growing up in Brooklyn I don't give into false threats) and proved all was false.
    The lawyer dropped the case and was cited by the Bar Association.
    EVERYTHING WAS DISMISSED or dropped.
    Not sure who is trying again to malign me again but now you understand why I keep far away from some of these jealous people.
    Jerry Cooley has always been a supporter and knew the facts.
    So does Spencer.

Thank You for the kind words.
    It would be easy and tempting after 35 years to simply disappear again.
  • 02-01-2011 04:03 PM
    Jerry Cooley, MD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. I am very excited with all the new developments and hopefully in the near future I will have some work done by you with the Autoplucking technique. I am still waiting for an estimate of how many growth cycles the new hairs will develop and if their growth cycle will be that of a normal hair. Good luck with everything and please don't let external factors (like the lawsuit) discourage you from the work you are doing.

All the best.

I wish I knew the answer about cycling....this will take time and makes me frustrated too.

I don't have any lawsuits either!
  • 02-01-2011 04:11 PM
    SpencerKobren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post

All the best.

I for one would prefer to focus on the positive aspects of Dr. Hitzig’s career, and truly hope that his groundbreaking work with Acell’s MartiStem pans out for all of us. We support both his and Dr. Cooley's efforts to perfect this treatment and appreciate their participation in our forum.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth