• 03-12-2012 11:33 PM
    kwc
    Thanks, i'll try tot talk with Lorenzo and Feller. By the way, what do 'lateral' and 'saggital' mean?
  • 03-16-2012 01:50 PM
    gillenator
    You can simply do a search on most forums for lateral and saggital. They are two types of incisions that surgeons potentially use to create their recipient sites for the grafts to be placed in.

There have been arguments on both sides depending on the doctor/surgeon. I personally believe that both types of incisions have their place and use.
  • 03-16-2012 01:58 PM
    gillenator
    The Choi Implanter from what I understand and observed in the past is the instrument used for implanting grafts. It was first introduced by DHI when they first started offering FUE in Greece.

I have never been a proponent of the instrument and saw it more as a marketing tool than anything else. Just my opinion for whatever it's worth.:rolleyes:

I still feel that recipient sites created with a combimation of custom-sized blades along with carefully selected hypdermic tools (needles) produce the best and most natural appearing final result. This affords careful microscopic dissection of the grafts that are "cut to size" providing the team cutting the grafts are experts and very proficient in their skills. Then the careful placement "one by one" of the grafts into their respective recipient sites at perfected angulations and inspected by the surgeon.;)

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth