Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNitwon
    • Feb 2012

For you guys who are thinking about buzzing your hair

I'm sure most of you guys have thought about cutting to the chase and just shaving off all your hair - or at least giving yourself a good buzz - at least once. I've been torturing myself with my receding hairline for months now, and tonight I decided to just end it all....so I picked up my electric hair clipper and buzzed off every scrap of hair I've got on my scalp. Let me tell you guys, it looks PRETTY DAMN GOOD. I was kinda scared about doing it at first, since I have a scar on my head (from a shunt placement I had done many years back) and I was a little self-conscious about it. I'm glad I grew a pair and actually did it though. I showed all my lady friends and they can't get enough.

Let this be an encouragement for those who have been thinking about doing it. If you really wanna try it, DO IT. It's hair, it'll grow back. I'm still gonna take finasteride just in case I wanna grow it back out someday, but now I'm a little (or a lot) less afraid of going bald. Don't be afraid to take the plunge. In fact, don't even fear the bald. Bald can be beautiful (pardon the expression, but it is true). Who knows? Maybe you look good bald.
    • Jan 2012

yeah most people don't look good bald....

VS

Comment

• TheNitwon
      • Feb 2012

Eh, it's all objective. I'm sure SOMEBODY finds him attractive. At any rate being bald is nothing to fuss too much about. There's too much awesomeness in this world to let your thoughts be consumed by something like baldness like mine were before I buzzed my head. It doesn't mean people won't find you attractive, and it doesn't mean your life is gonna be miserable from here on out. The guy in the picture is a soccer player, right? I'm sure he gets by just fine with no hair, even if he doesn't look great without it.

Comment

• Maradona
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by TheNitwon
        Eh, it's all objective. I'm sure SOMEBODY finds him attractive. At any rate being bald is nothing to fuss too much about. There's too much awesomeness in this world to let your thoughts be consumed by something like baldness like mine were before I buzzed my head. It doesn't mean people won't find you attractive, and it doesn't mean your life is gonna be miserable from here on out. The guy in the picture is a soccer player, right? I'm sure he gets by just fine with no hair, even if he doesn't look great without it.
        i will buzz it soon, good thing you grew a pair of balls to do it. I like your thinking man.

I know for sure I won't look good but i dont want to deal with this shit anymore. It's one of my options and I'll see how I'll feel about it.

Gratz dude

Comment

• TheNitwon
          • Feb 2012

Here's some before & after pics.

Before (Taken about a week ago)

After (Two hours ago)

Comment

• Maradona
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by TheNitwon
            Here's some before & after pics.

Before (Taken about a week ago)

After (Two hours ago)

if i'd look like that i'd definitely shave it, it suits you well.

I know it wouldn't suit me because I have a weird ass head.

If I were you, I'd keep shaving it and drop the propecia. You Look BAD ASS.

Live your life to the fullest bro

: ) .

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
              • Oct 2011

You can discuss about what looks good bald and what doesn't (there are some characteristics that are really a must IMO though) but in the end, its all about self image and self confidence.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
                I know for sure I won't look good but i dont want to deal with this shit anymore. It's one of my options and I'll see how I'll feel about it.
                Why do you believe that?

Comment

• Maradona
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                  Why do you believe that?
                  I have a mirror bro, it's something i dealt with my entire life, that is the shape of my head.

It's just gonna be tougher to walk around like an alien

Comment

• Morbo
                    • Jan 2012

At a certain stage during your balding process (which comes rather fast) you basically have no choice but to trim it down. You do not necessarily have to get a razor blade and go full bald, but just get a maintained clean cut.

I usually feel sorry for balding guys you see running around with long haircuts with thin hair and bald spots sticking out at every spot, insisting to keep it long and grasping out for last hairs. It doesn't only look ridiculous to women but also to other men.

The first few days it might feel like shock, but after a week you get used to it, it looks better and you feel much better about yourself.
                    But that's just my opinion.

So basically yeah, people who have doubts; get the buzzer and give it a go.

Comment

• TheDude
                      • Oct 2010

Nice thread

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                        • Oct 2011

For guys who have a clear temple recession and/or forehead and are freakin a buzz is understandable.

Someone like me though? Hairline has barely budged, but there is temple recession going on just behind the hairline and general thinning all over, but not so obvious.

My "fear" is that by buzzing, the extent of the loss will become obvious to everyone - at which point I have a conundrum. If I let it grow back with any length, everyone will still know. Which means I basically have to leave it buzzed?

Bleh.

I wish this hair loss was far more clear and defined instead of "diffuse" quite honestly.

Comment

• PvH
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by 2020
                          yeah most people don't look good bald....

have you guys seen jason statham movie recently namely the mechanic? that photo shows little bit of hair on top but it seems as though he lost significant amount of his remaining hair and now looks almost slick bald. i didn't know it could make such a difference but i can say he looked less than flattering to say the least. it's obvious they were trying very hard to angle the camera beneath his forehead for most close up shots.

Comment

• Jcm800
                            • Jan 2011

OP - Respect dude! Buzzing is something i've been contemplating recently, was thinking perhaps in the summertime.

Only on Saturday whilst walking around town i spotted many many buzzed/balding men with fit bird's on their arm. I've got mucho respect for anyone that bites the bullet and does the buzz and gets the **** on with their lives. Wish my ball's were big enough (but i feel them growing a bit every day!) ;p

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by PvH
                              have you guys seen jason statham movie recently namely the mechanic? that photo shows little bit of hair on top but it seems as though he lost significant amount of his remaining hair and now looks almost slick bald. i didn't know it could make such a difference but i can say he looked less than flattering to say the least. it's obvious they were trying very hard to angle the camera beneath his forehead for most close up shots.
                              Looks fine to me.

Comment

Working...