Scar Repair Advice

Printable View

• 03-29-2011 09:40 AM
    scarredup
    Scar Repair Advice
    Hi Guys,

I have the same familiar story that many here have. 2 HT's in the late 90's that have been the 2 biggest regrets of my life. I can buzz my head with 3 different length clippers and look somewhat normal with the top buzzed with a #1 and the back and sides blended to a #4 at the scar. In a perfect world I would love to buzz my whole head with a #1 and go on with life as a bald/balding guy without seeing the Frankenstein scar across the back of my head. I have decided to finally do something about this mess after 13 years and have 2 objectives -

1. Get rid of the 50-60 obvious grafts on my crown.
    2. Minimize the scar across the back of my head.

The hair removal I hope to do through electrolysis/lazer - going to meet with a dermatologist to get advice. Rather not have them surgically removed if possible.

The scar I would prefer to have it filled in with FUE from beard hair. Umar and Biasanga seem to be the top names that keep coming up but I would prefer not to travel to the west coast or overseas. Ideally I would like to have it done in Toronto or even New York.

As many of you already know putting your trust in someone from the Hair Transplant industry after having your life ruined by it is very difficult, but with as many people coming forward and sharing their stories we should be able to work through it and find the skilled/ethical doctors to do the work.

Any advice is apprieciated.
  • 03-29-2011 10:59 AM
    SilverSurfer
    Do more research on Umar, have you considered Cole?
    Bisanga is a good choice as well.
  • 03-30-2011 07:19 AM
    scarredup
    Yes I have heard good things about Cole. I know travel shouldn't be an issue but if I could find a reputible repair surgeon in the Toronto area or north east US that would be my preference. It's very early in my research so I am looking at all options for now. Feller and Rahal seem to be names that keep popping up.
  • 03-30-2011 07:45 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Every doctor you have mentioned probably have performed FUE into scars in several patients. You should ask to see some additional before and after photos and ask them how successful they have been with these types of cases. My personal experience with FUE into scars is 1/3 good results, 1/3 average results , and 1/3 very little results at all.
  • 08-11-2012 08:11 AM
    Stevie R
    Do you have any pics? Any luck with a doc yet? I am interested man as I want to cover my scar as well...
  • 08-11-2012 09:58 AM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    I also let patients who are considering grafting into scars that it will likely take a few procedures to get close to the desired result. This is because I do not recommend dense packing of the grafts within a scar. I think that if you do that a higher percentage of the grafts won't take and now you have wasted donor hair which most patients cannot afford.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth