Follica

Printable View

• 10-05-2013 06:28 PM
    doinmyheadin
    Maybe Spencer needs to get to the bottom of this. Interview time.
  • 10-05-2013 06:36 PM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I bloody hope so.

It's honestly the only thing that makes sense to me. The article did state that human trials with fgf9 did not start yet, and that is consistent with what the email published here a couple days ago stated (the one from upenn).
  • 10-05-2013 07:03 PM
    locke999
    If Follica really hasn't even started phase 1 yet then it will take about 10 years in order for them to get a product out.

What's the point of waiting for them when that is the timeline we are projecting for Tsuji's Lab to launch what they having going on.

I was really hoping that we could rely on Histogen in 2-3 years, then jump on Follica in 4-5 years.
  • 10-05-2013 07:21 PM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    If Follica really hasn't even started phase 1 yet then it will take about 10 years in order for them to get a product out.

What's the point of waiting for them when that is the timeline we are projecting for Tsuji's Lab to launch what they having going on.

I was really hoping that we could rely on Histogen in 2-3 years, then jump on Follica in 4-5 years.

Follica uses previously approved compounds and a wounding protocol. Their clinical trials don't require the 3 FDA phases.

Pay attention.
  • 10-05-2013 07:38 PM
    locke999
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Follica uses previously approved compounds and a wounding protocol. Their clinical trials don't require the 3 FDA phases.

Pay attention.

I hope you are right but I thought that Fgf9 was a compound they only just discovered. They would have to go through 3 phase for it, and they haven't even started phase 1 if the email is real.
  • 10-05-2013 08:02 PM
    HairBane
    Quote:

Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    I hope you are right but I thought that Fgf9 was a compound they only just discovered. They would have to go through 3 phase for it, and they haven't even started phase 1 if the email is real.

The FGF9 is a totally separate thing. I've heard they demonstrate follicular neogenesis in humans without using FGF9, so that will be what they're working on now.
  • 10-05-2013 08:09 PM
    deuce
    Quote:

Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post
    Maybe Spencer needs to get to the bottom of this. Interview time.

Man I love Spencer, but it seems like he focuses on stupid issues lately. Like eye transplant surgery, c'mon man really? Get Ken Washenik on the phone to answer questions about what happened to Aderans. ALl he does is tell Spencer that we had substatial regrowth, and we decided to shut it down. Could not be man enough to come on air to tell us himself. I love Spencer, but it seems to me like he focuses on current treatments and not what we could do to help those that cannot take these medications. Also when does anyone think follica will make another announcement? We never hear anything from them, but maybe once every two years.
  • 10-06-2013 05:26 AM
    Thinning87
    It will be a while before we hear from them. And yeah I agree about spencer talking about things no one cares about, but at the same time things move very slow in this industry so it's not like there's a whole lot more to talk about.

The general speculation in the forums is that follica will have to restart trials under the new protocol and although it might take some time, they will probably be able to do things faster as they will be using previously approved substances.

Also, they might need a new round of financing to keep going, which would explain the need for talking to the public last June as it's clear that they do not like to give out much information in general.

The fact that they are patenting things leads me to believe they are not closing down.

Anyways, expect another two years to go by without any news unless we read they will get some additional funding. As someone said in one of the forums, the are not likely to release any results or pictures so funding news is pretty much all we can hope to find out.
  • 10-06-2013 06:06 AM
    Javert
    Quote:

Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Man I love Spencer, but it seems like he focuses on stupid issues lately. Like eye transplant surgery, c'mon man really? Get Ken Washenik on the phone to answer questions about what happened to Aderans. ALl he does is tell Spencer that we had substatial regrowth, and we decided to shut it down. Could not be man enough to come on air to tell us himself. I love Spencer, but it seems to me like he focuses on current treatments and not what we could do to help those that cannot take these medications. Also when does anyone think follica will make another announcement? We never hear anything from them, but maybe once every two years.

Seriously. If I hear another story about how great Propecia is I'm going to vomit. It's known to cause seemingly incurable sexual side effects in countless men so please stop shoving it down our throats. It worked for you.. great, we get it. Talk about something else.
  • 10-06-2013 08:00 AM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    Seriously. If I hear another story about how great Propecia is I'm going to vomit. It's known to cause seemingly incurable sexual side effects in countless men so please stop shoving it down our throats. It worked for you.. great, we get it. Talk about something else.

1+
  • 10-06-2013 09:29 AM
    Thinning87
    Quote:

+1
  • 10-06-2013 10:19 AM
    Pentarou
    I can't stand the praise for Propecia either. If you can tolerate it, it won't do anything for regrowth. If you're happy being NW3 or really thinned out it's fine, if you care about not looking balding it's pathetic.
  • 10-06-2013 11:34 AM
    JJJJrS
    Quote:

Agreed. Everybody is aware of the persistent, long-term side-effects of finasteride. It's not necessary going to happen to every person who takes fin but it's definitely real and a possibility for some.

Prominent people in the industry like Spencer Kobren should be a lot more careful recommending a drug with that type of profile, regardless of their personal experience on it. The last thing a young person dealing with hairloss needs is persistent sexual side-effects. Anecdotally, from my years and years following the forums, the percentage of people who get side-effects from fin are much higher than what Merck lets on.

But enough about fin ;), this is a thread about Follica.
  • 10-06-2013 01:01 PM
    hiilikeyourbeard
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Agreed. Everybody is aware of the persistent, long-term side-effects of finasteride. It's not necessary going to happen to every person who takes fin but it's definitely real and a possibility for some.

Prominent people in the industry like Spencer Kobren should be a lot more careful recommending a drug with that type of profile, regardless of their personal experience on it. The last thing a young person dealing with hairloss needs is persistent sexual side-effects. Anecdotally, from my years and years following the forums, the percentage of people who get side-effects from fin are much higher than what Merck lets on.

But enough about fin ;), this is a thread about Follica.

the brain fog associated with that drug I worse than any limp @&$$. poison!

I'm getting annoyed by follicas elusiveness though. wish they'd at least let us know what's going on. some people are probably considering drugs like fin because we never get any kind of update on these pipeline cures
  • 10-06-2013 01:02 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

You know if Spencer or Spex have sides from propecia, I doubt they will admit it publicly as they are in the limelight.
  • 10-06-2013 11:00 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    +1

+1
  • 10-06-2013 11:01 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    the brain fog associated with that drug I worse than any limp @&$$. poison!

I'm getting annoyed by follicas elusiveness though. wish they'd at least let us know what's going on. some people are probably considering drugs like fin because we never get any kind of update on these pipeline cures

The worst side effect has to be the depression. It's crippling.

A lot of people who suffer from PFS say the sexual sides are nothing compared to the mental sides, I tend to agree.
  • 10-07-2013 06:39 AM
    Ted
    Quote:

I agree! And the worst thing is that I didn't make the connection to finasteride. I just thought I had a bad day, everyday..

It took me two years and a lot of physical activity to get back to my old self.
  • 10-07-2013 08:57 AM
    hiilikeyourbeard
    Quote:

A lot of people who suffer from PFS say the sexual sides are nothing compared to the mental sides, I tend to agree.

oh hands down.

so is anyone trying wounding and lithium yet? lol
  • 10-07-2013 12:33 PM
    joely
    Can we not turn every thread into q propecia debate
  • 10-08-2013 01:37 AM
    brunobald
  • 10-08-2013 02:17 AM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joely View Post
    Can we not turn every thread into q propecia debate

:D
  • 10-09-2013 11:41 AM
    TheJive
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    I can't stand the praise for Propecia either. If you can tolerate it, it won't do anything for regrowth. If you're happy being NW3 or really thinned out it's fine, if you care about not looking balding it's pathetic.

It actually did provide significant regrowth for me.
  • 10-18-2013 12:52 AM
    Javert
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artha View Post
    I hope this is the real deal!

This.
  • 09-24-2020 02:08 AM
    pioonlaser

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads