• 10-25-2010 08:17 AM
    Jeffrey Epstein, MD
    8 Attachment(s)
    Dr. Jeffrey Epstein / Female Surgical Hairline Advancement / 3 months
    Show here is before and 3 months after a surgical hairline advancement procedure. Note the undetectability of any hairline incision, which was made so that the hairs grow through the scar.
  • 10-25-2010 11:31 AM
    Janna
    To date I've only seen Dr. S. Kabaker perform this technique - very nice. There's a little bit of redness in the scar line but I imagine this will fade more within the next few month. Very nice!
  • 11-15-2010 06:54 PM
    Jeffrey Epstein, MD
    Thanks Janna.
    I have been performing these procedures for the past several years, but only over the past year or so have been really liking them, and patients have been very receptive to using this as a rather efficient and rapid way to achieve impressive hairline advancement. The alternative is of course the more commonly performed procedure- hair grafting- in which I routinely place 2000 plus grafts, to achieve good but not as dense a hairline as can be achieved with this surgical hairline advancement procedure.
    The hairline incision can be made to permit hair growth through the scar. Furthermore, in around 40% of patients, hair grafting is subsequently performed 2 plus months later to help round out the hairline and fill in any desired temporal rounding.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth