• 02-13-2011 07:01 PM
    archer
    Looking to change my regimen
    Hello all,

I'm in my early 20's and have MPB--I'd put myself as a NW3V right now.

My current regimen (for about 2 years)
    1. Nizoral shampoo (3 times a week)
    2. Nioxin Shampoo/Conditioner (2 times a week)
    3. Kirkland Minoxidil 5% (1 ml twice a day)
    4. Finasteride (.5-1 mg every day).

I feel that the Finasteride is helping the most but unfortunately the side effects (ED and low libido) are really starting to take a toll on me. I have tried dropping it to .5 mg every day but it hasn't helped much. I'm thinking about dropping the Finasteride all together or at the very least cutting my doses to to .25 mg or something on that level.

I'm now looking to add or change my regimen and would appreciate any input--from my research I have gathered the following possible additions

1. Lazer Comb (not sure how effective it is)
    2. Saw Palmetto (I hear it's just like Finasteride)
    3. Spiro 5% (hear it's topical anti-DHT but no sides?)
    4. Zinc (natural aromatase inhibitor?)
    5. Nizoral cream in shower (might be redundant if i'm already taking Shampoo).

Do you guys have any suggestions or can shed some light into any treatments beyond the "Big 3" or perhaps how to lessen Finasteride sides?

Thanks!
  • 02-13-2011 07:16 PM
    montrose
    You should do a search on RU 58841. Its a topical anitandrogen. I read that you get similar results like fin and dutasteride, but without the side effects. Its expensive though, and it comes in a powder so you have to mix it on a daily or weekly basis.
  • 02-14-2011 12:47 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Laser Comb has been proven to be worthless. Do not get the laser comb.
  • 02-14-2011 07:28 PM
    archer
    Thanks for the responses--I'm a bit hesitant about using an experimental drug, is there solid research supporting RU 58841.

I figured the laser comb wasn't really worth looking into.

Any thoughts on Spiro or other topical treatments?
  • 02-15-2011 01:20 AM
    KeepTheHair
    Spiro works.
  • 02-15-2011 05:27 AM
    archer
    Keepthehair,

I'll definitely look into Sprio then--has it worked for you? Any adverse reactions or side effects?
  • 02-15-2011 02:55 PM
    KeepTheHair
    No sides. I am sure it helps my hair line. I use the lotion, the liquid probably stinks.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth