• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scientalk56
    • Nov 2012

Histogen Update from Ziering Medical

• Scientalk56
    • Nov 2012

Now, i am happier.. because i know the truth..

Histogen was supposed to come after "phase 2b" in asia in 2015, and in USA 2016-2017..

But the reality is different, and since there's no treatment is going to be out in 10 years.. i decided:

1. Shave my head
    2. Stop visiting this forum

and live happily every after..

Acceptance is what we need..

Comment

• HairBane
      • Apr 2013

The info still currently on the Ziering Medical website:

In May 2011 Histogen’s Dr. Jonathan Mansbridge presents “Clinical evaluation of hypoxic fibroblast secreted proteins to induce hair growth in androgenetic alopecia” at the World Congress of Dermatology in Seoul, Korea. Pan-Asian approval for HSC is estimated for 2014, with an introduction of the injectable hair regrowth product to the United States market soon after in 2015. There is potential for an earlier launch of the product in other particular identified countries.

Comment

• James7
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Scientalk56
        Good post.

There is some very positive news there, reconfirmed.
        "a 2nd set of injections has not been needed, since we still see beneficial results after 2 years"

So far we know that this product works for at least 2 to 3 years (the last studies only started 28 months ago).
        As time goes on, we may see that this treatment works well for quite a long time.
        Imagine only needing a 2nd set of injections every 5 years, or maybe 10 years or longer, who knows? - we will see
        Gail Naughton once made a video in which she stated, that it was likely to work for as long as the hair was there before hairloss started.

They mention "FDA approval takes 5-7 years", but this is refering to the length of the entire approval process.
        This is a very general statement that avoids the question. Also that is FDA not Asia.
        We know they have finished Phase 2a and are seeking to gain approval via Asia first anyway.

They recently sought new funding at the end of last year, presumably they are seeking funding elsewhere now? - there has been no more news on that front yet.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by HairBane
          The info still currently on the Ziering Medical website:
          The information could be outdated.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Scientalk56
            Now, i am happier.. because i know the truth..

Histogen was supposed to come after "phase 2b" in asia in 2015, and in USA 2016-2017..

But the reality is different, and since there's no treatment is going to be out in 10 years.. i decided:

1. Shave my head
            2. Stop visiting this forum

and live happily every after..

Acceptance is what we need..
            He said a few years off, and wasn't specific about it.

Also they were referring to FDA approval not pan asian.

Comment

• HairBane
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
              The information could be outdated.
              Obviously it is.

I'm saying 1) He needs to update his website to reflect that.

2) He makes it sound like his 5-7 year prediction was obvious and he never expected it sooner, how silly and naive we all are for believing it will be available sooner, yet his website seems to have a difference of opinion.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                • Aug 2012

God this is dire...I agree with Scientalk56 acceptence is key. Doesnt look like anything is coing anytime soon, ****ing sucks.

Comment

• Born To Be Bald
                  • Dec 2013

What the hell is stopping them from continuing!!!?

Comment

• TwoInchCircle
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                    God this is dire...I agree with Scientalk56 acceptence is key. Doesnt look like anything is coing anytime soon, ****ing sucks.
                    I agree and disagree. Maybe a good balance between acceptance and a fighting spirit is far more productive. Maybe going on RU for maintenance while giving the head a shave is the best option. That way, you're accepting this bullshit plague, but you're also saving what you have for future treatments.

I find the zen, middle ground is often the best answer to most of life's questions; a little bit of both.

But besides all that, did anyone really have faith in Hitogen anymore? I certainly didn't. Any progress is good progress, but Histogen haven't done anything in so long! I'm FAR more interested in things like CB, RU and Pilofocus. Follica also deserves a shout out.

Comment

• carvo
                      • Jan 2014

When he talks about a study 28 months ago, he is refering a "histogen" or a "prp + acell"?

Comment

• HairBane
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by carvo
                        When he talks about a study 28 months ago, he is refering a "histogen" or a "prp + acell"?
                        Good question. It seems like he's talking about PRP and ACell with that comment. I think HSC started trials earlier than 2011, no?

I know he's the lead researcher for the Histogen trials, but maybe he doesn't have all the info about upcoming trials. Like, maybe they'll plan it and do all the paperwork before they get him involved. So he could just be saying he hasn't been told about any 'plans' just yet. He has his own business and is busy full-time with that, Histogen is a side-thing for him. And yes, maybe he's saying it'll be years before it's available in the west, as he probably assumes most people won't fly to Singapore to get the injections.

So perhaps it's not such terrible news, and things are pretty much as they were - it all hinges on whether Histogen have phase 2b plans in the works right now. If they don't - WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING RIGHT NOW?

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                          • Aug 2012

Lots of 'maybe's'. It would of been nice if he gave us a more informative answer.

Comment

• kissmyscalp
                            • Dec 2013

We are f*cked.

Pilox, Histogen, CB, Folica >> FAIL !

Comment

• Pentarou
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by kissmyscalp
                              We are f*cked.

Pilox, Histogen, CB, Folica >> FAIL !
                              As I said before, unless GSK get Avodart FDA licensed as for treating androgenic hair loss, we're like 15 to 20 years at least away from any new real hair loss treatments available.

Comment

Working...