Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lax4life
    • Sep 2010

I need to know if i'm balding

Yeah I'm 16 years old going to be 17 in a few months and i would like to know what I'm looking at there for the future. If I'm going bald, I know it's going to cause extreme depression in me so I hope thats not it and I would like some options if I am going bald besides propecia since that causes bad libido.
    Attached Files
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Hi, Sorry to say it but it does appear you are experiencing MPB as a result of DHT attacking your hair.

At such a young age this is brutal. I would recommend you speak to your GP regarding meds however you are young and to be loosing hair so young could well be aa result of agressive DHT so unlikely the meds will be able to help massively.

I hope i am wrong but its a common issue.
    Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
      • Sep 2010

It does look like male pattern balding I'm afraid.
      There's a small chance that your hair loss is coming from other causes (thyroid issues or whatever the case may be), and blood testing may help uncover those problems if they exist.
      Either way, talk to a doctor. If you don't feel comfortable with what he has to say, you can try getting a second opinion too.

Comment

• lax4life
        • Sep 2010

well that sucks

how long do you think i have left with what i still have and what should i do to help prevent losing what i still have

Comment

• Spex
          Dr Representative
          • Nov 2008

Look into meds, nizoral sahmpoo and Rogaine foam in my honest opinion to help fight DHT.(The Big 3)

However you are young so firstly speak to your GP and gain his /her opinion (hopefully they will be supportive)

I think Spencer might offer some guidance as believe has a broadcast on hairloss in young guys.

Your not alone matey

Best Regards
          Spex
          Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• lax4life
            • Sep 2010

damn man this sucks that i'm losing my hair but i guess i can try all the stuff you listed but doesn't rogaine have like a one month shedding period? i don't want everyone at my school noticing and how long will rogaine be effective in the long run if i start now

Comment

Working...