Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheesey23
    • Feb 2013

How far along am I?

I'm almost 23, my Dad is bald and so is my maternal Grandfather. So I'm pretty much fvcked. Ideally, I'd like to keep the hair I have for the next 10 plus years, but I've already started to notice my hairline start to recede in the corners. My family seems to think its simply a "mature hairline", or more of a widows peak. Can some of you "experts" help me determine what phase "NW or whatever" I am in? Also, what are the first steps someone in my position should take in order to preserve hair as long as I can? I have very fine, blonde hair and am worried what hair transplants would look like.
    Attached Files
  • Soxfaninfl
    • Mar 2012

Your hair looks great. I can't tell that you've lost anything. If you are thining and you want to bring it to a halt then propecia is the only solution. Minox will only slow it down, but it will not prevent you from going bald. Transplants are ****ing expensive as hell. I went to get a consult just to see how much it would cost if I decided to not to take fin, and they told me I would spend between 7 to 10 grand just for 800 to 1200 hair grafts with FUT. Finasteride is the way to go. Some people do suffer side effects from finasteride, so there is a risk with the drug. I wish you luck.

Comment

• cheesey23
      • Feb 2013

bump? anyone else have an opinion?

Comment

• Exodus
        • Nov 2012

I think largely that is the advice. I mean to me and those pics it looks great, however, we know our own hair better.

Fin, Rogaine Foam/Liquid and Nizoral Shampoo are the three popular choices round here.

Comment

• cheesey23
          • Feb 2013

Thanks for the replies. The only change I notice a change is in the temple area. When I used to grow out my hair in high school the entire forehead would be covered. Now I feel as if there is less hair to cover my forehead, and a more define M shaped hair-line. Is there a possibility this could just be a "mature hair line"? Or is more than likely say a norwood 2?

Comment

Working...