PDA

View Full Version : Bitmopost (allergen)

yeahyeahyeah
06-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Put everything about it here, rather then clogging up Histogen's thread.

As it stands it is in phase 2. And is a topical like minoxidil.

yeahyeahyeah
06-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Based on the links at the bottom of the post the 2 current Phase II trials will end in July and then the results will be available near the end of 2012. If results are positive, Allergan will gear up for Phase III immediately so they may be able to begin Phase III in very early 2013. In fact, the quote in the CBS link below suggests that Phase III could start to be geared up well prior to the end of Phase II.......i.e. as soon as they "start getting any positive feedback". But as Scott Whitcup (head of R&D) says in the transcript, two Phase III trials will be required. What is not addressed is whether those trials can run concurrently, although I see no reason why they can't as I have read about other companies running trials concurrently. Phase II began in June of 2011 and will end in July 2012 so you would have to estimate at least a year for Phase III. If the two Phase III trials ran concurrently and began in early 2013, it is conceivable that Phase III could be completed in early 2014. Assuming negligible side effects on a par with what they had w/ Latisse which has already been approved, you could probably expect quick approval from the FDA so I would say mid to late 2014 at best or 2015 is a reasonable possibility.

I am not sure what the possible side effects of a prostaglandin analog are in general but I would guess that one of the big safety issues would concern whether when going from 1 drop on each eyelid to coverage of the entire scalp, there might be a much greater chance of a toxic level of systemic absorption. However, it appears that "Bimatoprost undergoes minimal systemic absorption" http://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/bimat...phthalmic.html and since Allergan has already cleared Phase I, this issue may not turn out to be a problem.

ALLERGAN EARNINGS CALL Transcript (August 2011): Larry, clearly, this is a program that we've optimally resourced, given the huge market potential. So the Phase I was just testing the overall formulation, making sure that it was stable, making sure that it was tolerated. So we probably have some of the Phase I data at R&D Day. But it's really the Phase II data that will be proof of concept. That depending on enrollment and feedback probably won't be available till end of sort of, I'd say, latter part of next year. Clearly, we'll be monitoring this and as we start getting any positive feedback, we'll gear up, so that once we get the proof of concept data, we could go to Phase III right away. The good news is that the FDA regulatory pathway is well delineated as there are other products that have been approved. The negative is it's not quick. You've got to go through all of the steps that FDA requires and that will be 2 Phase III trials following a proof of concept study. And as you pointed out, we see a potential market, not only for male-pattern baldness which is a huge market, but the animal data suggests that for female hair thinning, that could be a very beneficial product as well.

See also http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-42849516/allergans-potential-baldness-cure-clears-one-hurdle-heads-for-the-hard-part/ suggesting an earlier possible release date in 2013 or 2014.

inkt2002
06-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Would this work on the hairline/temples and areas where a HT has been done?

yeahyeahyeah
06-02-2012, 06:38 AM

Should work the same way as minox, on vellius hairs.

TravisB
06-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Why did they call it cure for baldness in the article, when it's going to be just better Minox? If the results won't be much, much better than Minox, then I guess it's not hitting the market, because what's the point then?

john2399
06-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Why the hell do they need to do phase 3 if this crap is already approved by the fda for eyelashes. This is so annoying....these companies have to know balding men have no dam patience.

yeahyeahyeah
06-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Why did they call it cure for baldness in the article, when it's going to be just better Minox? If the results won't be much, much better than Minox, then I guess it's not hitting the market, because what's the point then?

They said propecia was a cure when it came out

Gjm127
06-02-2012, 12:20 PM
And how does Bitmopost work? Prostaglandins... ?
They're nearing the end of Phase 2, this means they knew about the effects of Prostaglandins before the news came out that Cotsarelis had made a big discovery about it?
Again, I'm confused.

ovoxo
06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
just to make it clear, it is called Bimatoprost, and I guess the theory is that it increases the levels of good prostaglandines

thechamp
06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
For some people it may be enough for others who knows

06-02-2012, 01:49 PM

no it won't... you see, there is a "smart" molecule inside bimatoprost that is able to detect its surroundings and if it finds itself near the temples, it will shut off itself automatically so it won't work...

06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
And how does Bitmopost work? Prostaglandins... ?
They're nearing the end of Phase 2, this means they knew about the effects of Prostaglandins before the news came out that Cotsarelis had made a big discovery about it?
Again, I'm confused.

no they didn't.... bimatoprost or whatever was used to treat glaucoma. Many people have gotten long eyelashes and many women have tried applying it to the scalp with great results. This is just another "hair growth" treatment that was discovered by accident...

BoSox
06-02-2012, 02:00 PM
will it reverse my thinning hair 100% or just maintain it?

thechamp
06-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Spectral dnc gave me results on all my scalp I think this treatment will grow hair all over be optimistic!!!

Gjm127
06-02-2012, 02:06 PM
no it won't... you see, there is a "smart" molecule inside bimatoprost that is able to detect its surroundings and if it finds itself near the temples, it will shut off itself automatically so it won't work...

sarcastic right?

thechamp
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Now I'm on the new formula 3 months in with dncn and astressin b,I tried propecia but get too fat, trx2 was a waste of time ATM my hair is stale 3 months in, I just dont see why they would bring a treatment out like this if it was not better than rogaineSpectral etc and bother going to the FDA!!

TravisB
06-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Now I'm on the new formula 3 months in with dncn and astressin b,I tried propecia but get too fat, trx2 was a waste of time ATM my hair is stale 3 months in, I just dont see why they would bring a treatment out like this if it was not better than rogaineSpectral etc and bother going to the FDA!!

Yeah I think so too. FDA trials are not cheap, and if they didn't expect Bim to be more effective than Minox, they wouldn't bother doing the trials.

Gjm127
06-03-2012, 01:37 AM
no they didn't.... bimatoprost or whatever was used to treat glaucoma. Many people have gotten long eyelashes and many women have tried applying it to the scalp with great results. This is just another "hair growth" treatment that was discovered by accident...

All right, thx for the info.
Ok but are they now in trials for the cure against glaucoma or MPB? Both?

Scoots
06-03-2012, 02:45 AM
The nice thing about this is that Latisse is already being prescribed by some doctors for hairloss, it's just not FDA approved for that purpose. We shouldn't have to wait years for Allergen to finish their trials-once (if) they release good phase 2 results in September, we should be seeing other companies releasing higher concentration bimatoprost in early 2013 or MAYBE even late 2012. Spencer has said this is a real possibility.

It won't be FDA approved at that time, but most people on here won't care about that since it has already proven to be safe through Allergen's phase I trials.

TravisB
06-03-2012, 05:52 AM
The nice thing about this is that Latisse is already being prescribed by some doctors for hairloss, it's just not FDA approved for that purpose. We shouldn't have to wait years for Allergen to finish their trials-once (if) they release good phase 2 results in September, we should be seeing other companies releasing higher concentration bimatoprost in early 2013 or MAYBE even late 2012. Spencer has said this is a real possibility.

It won't be FDA approved at that time, but most people on here won't care about that since it has already proven to be safe through Allergen's phase I trials.

Yeah, Latisse is around 100$ for 3ml. It's enough for one application on scalp :D

Thinning@30
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm pleased that we now have an active thread dedicated to Bimatoprost, which I think has real potential. Is there any way to tell whether Allergan is ramping up for a Phase III trial? I would think by now it would be apparent from the ongoing Phase II trial whether the product has potential.

john2399
06-03-2012, 09:29 PM
anyone know how this will be applied is it a cream or liquid? and is there any chance we could get it by next year ?

Gjm127
06-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Again, is Bitmopost (Allergen) doing the trials for glaucoma or MPB?
If it's for glaucoma, doesn't it mean they need to go back and re-do all the trial phases?

ovoxo
06-04-2012, 02:41 AM
it is already approved for glaucoma, they are doing trials for mpb now, and they are I think in phase II

eqvist
06-04-2012, 08:57 AM
It shouldn't bee so hard to se if this works. Pick a spot on hairline take pictures buy latisse use 3 months, take picture agin......?

mlao
06-04-2012, 09:02 AM
You will not get great results from the formulation that is currently available for eyelashes. The clinical trials are being conducted on 3 stronger versions.

eqvist
06-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Okay that makes me worried on the price if this works but lets start with see if it works.

Another thing that i don't understand is why the f*ck they did´t start testing on pattern alopecia when they notice the effect on eye lashes?????

mlao
06-04-2012, 09:27 AM
You can't predict the price of a version for MPB. It's interesting though that Allergen's patent on the version they are currently using for eyelashes will run out at the end of this year and now they are testing a version for the scalp.
I suppose if it's a success they will begin to manufacture more of it and reduce the cost compared to the current price. I hope so at least.

thechamp
06-05-2012, 03:18 PM
A year and half max I hooe

Tracy C
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
It shouldn't bee so hard to se if this works. Pick a spot on hairline take pictures buy latisse use 3 months, take picture agin......?

Six months would be more reasonable. I plan to use it for six months before attempting to decide if it is doing any good.

goldbondmafia
06-05-2012, 08:39 PM
sorry if this has been answered but does this stuff work on dead follicle spots or ones in the process of dying?

BoSox
06-06-2012, 07:27 AM
"sorry if this has been answered but does this stuff work on dead follicle spots or ones in the process of dying?"

It's for "moderate" hair loss.

06-06-2012, 10:41 AM
sorry if this has been answered but does this stuff work on dead follicle spots or ones in the process of dying?

follicles don't die ffs....

Jcm800
06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Jeez if they don't die and could be rejuvenated, I'd have my teenwolf hairline back someday maybe, Fck I had too much hair once..barber used to dread me coming in lol.

06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Jeez if they don't die and could be rejuvenated, I'd have my teenwolf hairline back someday maybe, Fck I had too much hair once..barber used to dread me coming in lol.

We knew years ago that androgenic alopecia IS NON-SCARRING. Transplants on the other hand ARE!

BoSox
06-06-2012, 11:05 AM
follicles don't die ffs....

if that's the case, i can't see why something like Allergan, or HSC can't reverse hair loss 100%, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

06-06-2012, 11:21 AM
if that's the case, i can't see why something like Allergan, or HSC can't reverse hair loss 100%, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

who says Histogen can't? All those prostaglandin analogs and inhibitors can definitely reverse your hair loss no matter what(unless transplants!) but the problem is with actually making such treatment...

the_dude78
06-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm pleased that we now have an active thread dedicated to Bimatoprost, which I think has real potential. Is there any way to tell whether Allergan is ramping up for a Phase III trial? I would think by now it would be apparent from the ongoing Phase II trial whether the product has potential.

In generel extremely uplifting to see so many potential treatments for hair loss. The future looks bright indeed. I had a minor fue done, less than 500 grafts, and was planning to have more done, but now I will definitely NOT get another transplant. I don't want to risk damaging more cells than the fue may already have. Depending on what the treatment/cure will be there's a good chance I'll be needing those cells:)

thechamp
06-06-2012, 03:14 PM
But how long

Tracy C
06-06-2012, 05:55 PM

They just haven't figured out how to restart them yet. Propecia can do it to some extent for some people, Rogaine can do it to some extent for some people and even LLLT might be able to do it to some extent for some people. The problem is, not everybody responds to current treatments the same way. Some people respond well. Some people respond just "so-so". Some people don't respond at all. Who knows why? There are many other treatments for many other ailments that are in the same predicament. That is why it is such a good thing that other treatments are in development. It is not likely that anything will ever work for every ailment and for everybody. The human body is a complicated thing. It just is what it is.

Kiwi
06-06-2012, 06:55 PM
who says Histogen can't? All those prostaglandin analogs and inhibitors can definitely reverse your hair loss no matter what(unless transplants!) but the problem is with actually making such treatment...

What do you mean unless transplants? Do you have a link to something official that says Histogen wont work for people that have had transplants?

Or do you just mean it won't grow hair back in areas where there has been a transplant (which makes sense).

Tracy C
06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
who says Histogen can't? All those prostaglandin analogs and inhibitors can definitely reverse your hair loss no matter what(unless transplants!) but...

A very important thing to note here is that the actual amount of scalp area that might not respond due to previous transplants is so small it is insignificant. It is so small it just isn't worth worrying about.

Kiwi
06-06-2012, 08:14 PM
A very important thing to note here is that the actual amount of scalp area that might not respond due to previous transplants is so small it is insignificant. It is so small it just isn't worth worrying about.

Thanks Tracy. Hey what clinic do you recommend for FUE. I'm thinking about Dr Cole for CIT (whatever the hell CIT means :)).

06-06-2012, 09:08 PM

uhm no??? I'm not talking about regrowing your donor, I'm talking about the area where they inserted those new follicles.... I'm pretty sure there's gotta be some permanent damage guaranteed.

Getting a transplant without at least waiting until the end of this year would be the dumbest thing ever.

Kiwi
06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
uhm no??? I'm not talking about regrowing your donor, I'm talking about the area where they inserted those new follicles.... I'm pretty sure there's gotta be some permanent damage guaranteed.

Getting a transplant without at least waiting until the end of this year would be the dumbest thing ever.

"pretty sure" followed by "guaranteed"

dude you have no ****ing idea...

Tracy C
06-06-2012, 09:55 PM
uhm no??? I'm not talking about regrowing your donor, I'm talking about the area where they inserted those new follicles....

I was well aware of what you are talking about. The amount of scalp area that might be damaged is so minimal it would not matter. It is not enough to worry about.

Tracy C
06-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Hey what clinic do you recommend for FUE.

I've never had FUE so I would not be able to recommend anyone.

neversaynever
06-07-2012, 04:10 AM

Histogen have said that transplants do not effect their HSC.

We DO NOT know how to wake up these sleeping follicles. ALL WE KNOW is that they still have stem cells. This is nice, but it might not be the full story. Perhaps there is a bio mechanism that will stop us waking those follicles? I say this, because NOONE has yet to wake them up. We can hope that allergen and histogen will do this, but stating facts about it is wrong. Especially when 'advising' people on their plans to deal with their hairloss.

Perhaps PGd2 is surrounding our follicles and keeping them asleep. So perhaps a combination of HSC + Bitmopost might cure us, but this is merely a hope. Stay positive, but do not mis-inform or speculate.

Gjm127
06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Histogen have said that transplants do not effect their HSC.

We DO NOT know how to wake up these sleeping follicles. ALL WE KNOW is that they still have stem cells. This is nice, but it might not be the full story. Perhaps there is a bio mechanism that will stop us waking those follicles? I say this, because NOONE has yet to wake them up. We can hope that allergen and histogen will do this, but stating facts about it is wrong. Especially when 'advising' people on their plans to deal with their hairloss.

Perhaps PGd2 is surrounding our follicles and keeping them asleep. So perhaps a combination of HSC + Bitmopost might cure us, but this is merely a hope. Stay positive, but do not mis-inform or speculate.

So you're saying Bitmopost uses PGD2 inhibitors? Wtf I thought that OC000531 drug was the only one fighting against PGD2...........

neversaynever
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
So you're saying Bitmopost uses PGD2 inhibitors? Wtf I thought that OC000531 drug was the only one fighting against PGD2...........

I dont think its an inhibitor. I think its an artificial PGF2-alpha, which encourages hair growth.

Cotsarelis has hinted that it might all come down to a balancing act between prostaglandins.

The prostaglandins approach is very encouraging. Increasing 'good' ones and inhibiting 'bad' ones might be the future. I wont pretend I know enough about it though :p

06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Cotsarelis has hinted that it might all come down to a balancing act between prostaglandins.

precisely

Our studies show that prostaglandins are dysregulated in AGA, the most common type of hair loss in men. Specifically, PGD2 inhibits hair growth and thus represents a negative counterbalance to the positive effects on hair growth shown for PGE2 and PGF2α.

the problem is that we don't know WHAT EXACTLY causes such imbalances...

BoSox
06-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Joe is very confident in Allergan, even said it can grow hair on NW 7. They are releasing their data in September, around my birthday. This could possibly be the greatest birthday gift ever <3

06-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Joe is very confident in Allergan, even said it can grow hair on NW 7. They are releasing their data in September, around my birthday. This could possibly be the greatest birthday gift ever <3

who is joe?

BoSox
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Joe, from Staten Island. He has information we don't, and has been very confident in Allergan.

NeedHairASAP
06-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Joe, from Staten Island. He has information we don't, and has been very confident in Allergan.

who the f*ck is joe from staten island. Please don't answer with, "he's the guy on spencers show"... who the f*ck is he? why is he on that show all the time... and who does he REALLY know? sounds like a joke...

NW777
06-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Joe, is "all Knowing" never mind the man behind the curtain... :D

Artista
06-12-2012, 08:09 PM
of guys who have been using Bimatoprost for their hair??

uninformed
06-13-2012, 08:30 AM
of guys who have been using Bimatoprost for their hair??

Why do you post like this?

Use the title as a title, not as space for the first part of your sentence...

Artista
06-13-2012, 08:43 AM
'Uninformed',,,you've GOT to be kidding me!
I usually do NOT respond to nonsense at this site. There is quite a bit of nonsense here to be sure , you made a good example for us to see just now.

Back to you all of Bimatoprost users , please respond and don't worry if your grammar or use of this forum isn't 'perfect' to everyone's eyes. We are all human.

Tracy C
06-13-2012, 08:52 AM
are there any before/after photos out there...

...of guys who have been using Bimatoprost for their hair??

I just started using it. I won't know if it actually helps for at least six months. When I know the answer I will let you know.

Artista
06-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi there, long time no talk. A friend of mine just recently went to his doctor and now has a prescription for it too. Im seriously considering it. The cost may be well worth the outcome. It sounds like it may be a good intermediate treatment for us.

Tracy C
06-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi Artista,

I just asked my GP during a regular visit if she would write a script for Lumigan (it's the same thing as Latisse but cheaper). When I explained to her why I wanted it she saw no harm in trying and wrote the script. I mixed the whole bottle in with a full bottle of generic women's Minoxidil. I am starting off with using it only every other evening, alternating with normal women's Minoxidil in the evening. After this first bottle of the mix is empty, I will use the mixture every evening for six months, then evaluate to see if it is making a difference or not.

fitness-man
06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Artista,

I just asked my GP during a regular visit if she would write a script for Lumigan (it's the same thing as Latisse but cheaper). When I explained to her why I wanted it she saw no harm in trying and wrote the script. I mixed the whole bottle in with a full bottle of generic women's Minoxidil. I am starting off with using it only every other evening, alternating with normal women's Minoxidil in the evening. After this first bottle of the mix is empty, I will use the mixture every evening for six months, then evaluate to see if it is making a difference or not.

may i ask how much a bottle cost?

JDW
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi there, long time no talk. A friend of mine just recently went to his doctor and now has a prescription for it too. Im seriously considering it. The cost may be well worth the outcome. It sounds like it may be a good intermediate treatment for us.

definitely keep us updated

Artista
06-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I certainly will, no problem . Lets hope for the best.

Kiwi
06-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Hi Artista,

Good luck!!! And do let us know the cost :))

BoSox
06-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Joe is stating Bimatoprost can regrow around 40%. Itís said that bimatoprost can turn vellus hairs into terminal hairs.. what does it mean exactly when a product can re grow 40%. Will it only regrow 40% of vellus hairs?

Tracy C
06-18-2012, 08:55 AM
may i ask how much a bottle cost?

Since I specifically asked her if she could write the script for Lumigan instead of Latisse, the pharmacy billed my insurance. So I do not know the cost. I do know that Lumigan is less expensive than Latisse, even though they are the same medication.

Joe is stating Bimatoprost can regrow around 40%. Itís said that bimatoprost can turn vellus hairs into terminal hairs.. what does it mean exactly when a product can re grow 40%. Will it only regrow 40% of vellus hairs?

Minoxidil also turns vellus hairs into terminal hairs. So does the laser comb. JFSI is very biased in favor of Allergen. As with everyone else, his bias is usually based on his own personal experience - which differs from mine.

Stating percentages does not hold much meaning without stating a baseline to compare them to. Does it mean 40% of the vellus hairs transform into terminal hairs - or does it mean overall density increases 40%? As you can see, whatever that baseline is can make a big difference. Using Minoxidil as an example; Minoxidil increases overall density about 10% - but that does not tell you what percentage of vellus hairs are transformed into terminal hairs to achieve that 10% increase in density. So without a point of comparison, that 40% statement is meaningless because it can be interpreted in different ways.

Kiwi
06-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Tracy what is the difference between Latisse and Allergen?

mlao
06-18-2012, 02:12 PM

Latisse is the product Allergen is the company that makes it!

Tracy C
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM

Allergen is a company name. Allergen is the company that makes Latisse and Lumigan. Both medications are the same (Bimatoprost). Only their intended uses are different. Latiise comes with little single-use eye liner brushes. Lumigan does not.

Dr, Bauman started experimenting with Latisse to treat scalp hair loss quite a while ago and he noted regrowth in his patients who tried it. I have been using Latisse for my lashes for quite a while. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a try on my scalp for six months to see for myself if it helps or not.

For eye lashes, it takes sixteen weeks of nightly use to see improvement. I suspect that it would take longer to see improvement in scalp hair - if improvement is seen at all.

mlao
06-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm sure most people here have seen this but this is a link to an article in the
NYT where Dr. Bernstein talks about Latisse.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/fashion/05SKIN.html

Conpecia
06-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Any known sides from this? Propecia gave me gyno and Minox has swelled my face up like a grapefruit. Getting pretty desperate for a treatment that doesn't mess me up...

mlao
06-19-2012, 06:11 AM
Any known sides from this? Propecia gave me gyno and Minox has swelled my face up like a grapefruit. Getting pretty desperate for a treatment that doesn't mess me up...

The only cosmetic side effect I've ever read about is possible darkening of the skin where it is applied. In the article I linked, Dr. Bauman said he didn't observe that. I guess the only way to see is if you first apply it to an area where it is hidden to see if that happens.

Conpecia
06-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Excellent. As long as the area also darkens with my hair I can handle that.

NW777
06-20-2012, 01:34 AM

What's gyno?

Tracy C
06-20-2012, 08:43 AM
What's gyno?

Male breast growth.

Guys should not shorten words like that because not everyone knows what they are talking about - but they do it anyways. It took me a while to learn the guy lingo used here.

Any known sides from this?...

There is no such thing as a medication that does not have side effects.

Davey Jones
06-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Guys should not shorten words like that because not everyone knows what they are talking about - but they do it anyways. It took me a while to learn the guy lingo used here.

To be fair, I don't think he'd have known what he meant if he said gynecomastia either.

Tracy C
06-20-2012, 03:32 PM
To be fair, I don't think he'd have known what he meant if he said gynecomastia either.

Yeah, I had to look it up months ago myself. But I might not have found it if all I had to go on was gyno.

inkt2002
06-20-2012, 08:31 PM

so is your gyno still there after you stopped taking propecia, or now do you need surgery to get rid of it?

NW777
06-20-2012, 11:22 PM

Yes, your right but at least I would have been able to look it up and get the correct definition if the word wasn't so cryptic. I'm sure you don't know every medical diagnosis out there either. This is a site also for the average Joe, not just for scholars. I try my best...

Conpecia
06-22-2012, 12:12 AM
so is your gyno still there after you stopped taking propecia, or now do you need surgery to get rid of it?

Haven't been off it long enough to know, but it's definitely not hurting as much. Don't have money for surgery so either way I'd have to wait, but I've read it goes away a few months after stopping. I'll try letrozole if it doesn't go away in three months. Apparently bodybuilders battle gynecomastia frequently and treat it with letrozole.

Conpecia
06-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Male breast growth.

There is no such thing as a medication that does not have side effects.

Sorry to not clarify, folks. Gyno=Gynecomastia=Male breasts=Bad

Tracy, thank you for your illuminating treatise on the known side effects of Latisse. That clears everything up...:confused:

BoSox
06-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Is it asking too much for Allergan's treatment to reverse diffuse thinning? Is this a realistic assumption? I afraid I'm setting myself up for dissapointment, but I really think they have something huge.

Person
06-25-2012, 08:20 AM
If Allergan's phase II bimatoprost trials are successful in September and prove that higher concentration bimatoprost is effective for the scalp, is it possible/legal for other companies or pharmacies to start making and selling their own versions of bimatoprost before Allergan finishes its clinical trials?

Tracy C
06-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Is it asking too much for Allergan's treatment to reverse diffuse thinning?

If you are still using Propecia and Rogaine, you are already using two medications that have the potential for treating diffuse thinning. What you haven't done is you haven't allowed a reasonable amount of time for the medication to work.

Allergan's treatment will be before you know it. For now stick with what you have. It might just work out for you.

gmonasco
06-25-2012, 04:24 PM
If Allergan's phase II bimatoprost trials are successful in September and prove that higher concentration bimatoprost is effective for the scalp, is it possible/legal for other companies or pharmacies to start making and selling their own versions of bimatoprost before Allergan finishes its clinical trials?

I think it would still be protected by patent at that point.

Pate
06-26-2012, 02:51 AM
I think it would still be protected by patent at that point.

Yeah IIRC Merck still has the Propecia patent for another year or so even though the 5mg Proscar patent is long-expired.

So by extension, it seems likely Allergan could market a patent-protected stronger version of bimatoprost even though the Lumigan patent is due to expire in a few months.

Person
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
When Allergan's phase 2 ends in September, are they going to share results with the public or just move on to Phase 3?

Kiwi
06-26-2012, 04:26 PM
When Allergan's phase 2 ends in September, are they going to share results with the public or just move on to Phase 3?

Hold on while I look into my crystal ball....

yeahyeahyeah
06-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Hold on while I look into my crystal ball....

Is it worth getting a HT now and lower your hairline, I do strongly believe histogen will be out on the market in 2 years time.

Kiwi
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Is it worth getting a HT now and lower your hairline, I do strongly believe histogen will be out on the market in 2 years time.

Only if you get kick ass FUE.... fcuk the FUT and their bullshit scars...

yeahyeahyeah
06-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Only if you get kick ass FUE.... fcuk the FUT and their bullshit scars...

What do you think of Gho?

Kiwi
06-26-2012, 04:42 PM
What do you think of Gho?

My own research and everything I've read on this site leads me to believe that he is the best at doing FUE in the world. But BLOOOOOOODY expensive.

I'd also consider Dr Cole or Dr Umar.

yeahyeahyeah
06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
My own research and everything I've read on this site leads me to believe that he is the best at doing FUE in the world. But BLOOOOOOODY expensive.

I'd also consider Dr Cole or Dr Umar.

Dr Gho sounds like a bit of gamble - do you think that he is really regenerating hair?

Kiwi
06-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Dr Gho sounds like a bit of gamble - do you think that he is really regenerating hair?

I have no idea. Not even spencer knows - if he know we'd all know.

But what I do know is that you're probably safe just calling it FUE with minimal scaring - I base this on the fact that his transplants seem to grow and that he uses a smaller sized punch then most docs to extract graphs.

Sadly he's out of most peoples price range and he's too much of a greedy prick to share his technique with all the other docs.

yeahyeahyeah
06-26-2012, 04:58 PM
I have no idea. Not even spencer knows - if he know we'd all know.

But what I do know is that you're probably safe just calling it FUE with minimal scaring - I base this on the fact that his transplants seem to grow and that he uses a smaller sized punch then most docs to extract graphs.

Sadly he's out of most peoples price range and he's too much of a greedy prick to share his technique with all the other docs.

Im so on the fence here, on one hand - get a Gho HT and with that a better hairline. If he is regenerating hair, then I will have enough donor to last me a long time. Can avoid taking propecia too...have no thinning at all right now.

Or to wait for HSC or something - even though I am a NW2, so depressed over hairloss.

lilpauly
06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Bim is the best growth stim. Latisse has .03 bim. I plan on using it @ strength 10x stronger

Tracy C
06-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Bim is the best growth stim.

It has not yet been proven. You are an insane fool. Anyone who would follow your advice is probably also an insane fool.

Tracy C
06-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Only if you get kick ass FUE.... fcuk the FUT and their BS scars...

You can try as hard as you can to find my scar and I doubt you would be able to find it. My hair dresser can't even find it - and she knows exactly where it is.

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 10:40 AM
It has not yet been proven. You are an insane fool. Anyone who would follow your advice is probably also an insane fool.

its been proven in CLINICAL STUDIES!!!!!!!!!! u have no idea what your talking about!

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 10:44 AM
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01325337?term=bimatoprost&rank=36

Tracy C
06-27-2012, 10:54 AM
its been proven in CLINICAL STUDIES!!!!!!!!!! u have no idea what your talking about!

The studies are not complete and the comparison modalities are not the same. So at this early point in time, you cannot say with any meaningful degree of accuracy that Bimatoprost is the most effective growth stimulant. I agree that it probably is - but it is not proven yet.

What you are doing is wrong. You are very likely causing harm to yourself with your massive regimen - and you are potentially causing harm to others who are foolish enough to copy your regimen.

clandestine
06-27-2012, 01:01 PM
lilpauly; How's your health mate? General well-being?

rm056789
06-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Has anyone purchased generic bimatoprost (careprost 0.03&#37;) and used a speed-vac concentrator to increase the concentration to around 0.1%? Clearly this is not a cost effective method, but from what I have read most people agree that you (speculatively) need a higher concentration than what is avail on the market for other indications.

maxhair
06-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Costs aside, are you certain that this kind of machine will successfully concentrate the bimatoprost, and without damaging it?

If you've read anything to that effect, please post the link.

rm056789
06-27-2012, 06:46 PM
I have not come across anything, however, these machines are readily used to concentrate samples in clinical chemistry labs. I know a post-doc who successfully used this to develop an assay to quantitate vitamin D from plasma. Obviously there are stark differences b/w that and bim, but the principle remains the same...I have yet to order any but I might give it a shot

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
lilpauly; How's your health mate? General well-being?

very healthy. re growing my hairline has lifted my spirits. when i had a mature hairline(mpb) i looked 10 years older.

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Has anyone purchased generic bimatoprost (careprost 0.03%) and used a speed-vac concentrator to increase the concentration to around 0.1%? Clearly this is not a cost effective method, but from what I have read most people agree that you (speculatively) need a higher concentration than what is avail on the market for other indications.

yes u need a higher concentration. its also much cheaper if u use bim @ full strength

fitness-man
06-27-2012, 07:55 PM
yes u need a higher concentration. its also much cheaper if u use bim @ full strength

where do you get bim at full str?

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 07:57 PM
where do you get bim at full str?

trust & we

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 08:05 PM
tracy here is the patent for asc j9! http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01289574

would u like me to provid u all the clinical studies ? :rolleyes:

Maradona
06-27-2012, 08:43 PM
tracy here is the patent for asc j9! http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01289574

would u like me to provid u all the clinical studies ? :rolleyes:

Pauly do you have any idea when the american source will have RU available? or at least the KB solution?

I am waiting impatiently.

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Pauly do you have any idea when the american source will have RU available? or at least the KB solution?

I am waiting impatiently.
i really like the k& b solution! i feel any1 who uses ru should use the k7 b solution! it was the vehicle used in the ru study. back to your question i heard 2 weeks. i'm in the same position as u. i'm running real low on the nerf cream.

Maradona
06-27-2012, 09:05 PM
i really like the k& b solution! i feel any1 who uses ru should use the k7 b solution! it was the vehicle used in the ru study. back to your question i heard 2 weeks. i'm in the same position as u. i'm running real low on the nerf cream.

are you using RU on the KB solution?

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 09:09 PM
i'm currently using myristate rum in the nerf cream.

cleverusername
06-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I've been looking for a RU source as well. mpbtreatments is getting it on the first of july. You guys think it's a legit source?

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
I've been looking for a RU source as well. mpbtreatments is getting it on the first of july. You guys think it's a legit source?

its the american source. 100% legit. kane's ru is also legit

cleverusername
06-27-2012, 09:24 PM
its the american source. 100&#37; legit. kane's ru is also legit

Ohh, I see. Haha sorry man I haven't been keeping up lately. do you think it'll be 99% pure?

Conpecia
06-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Can someone tell me if RU has comparable sides to finasteride? Would love to try it out if I can.

lilpauly
06-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Ohh, I see. Haha sorry man I haven't been keeping up lately. do you think it'll be 99% pure?

its 100 % pure AND so is kane's ru. both have been tested. i bought my ahk and myristate rum from the american source. i bought my asc from kane.

cleverusername
06-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Can someone tell me if RU has comparable sides to finasteride? Would love to try it out if I can.

I've read on other forums that it can cause man breasts...

Maradona
06-27-2012, 09:52 PM
its 100 &#37; pure AND so is kane's ru. both have been tested. i bought my ahk and myristate rum from the american source. i bought my asc from kane.

Check the RU thread, I will answer some questions you guys have there. I've been researching RU since january, back then when I dropped FIN.

I regret it to this day I ever touched that fukin drug. My permanent sides are not too severe but it definitely made my hair a lot worse.
Anyways, let's move the RU discussion to the RU thread, this is about BIT and people may complain our intrusion here.

cleverusername
06-27-2012, 09:54 PM
its 100 &#37; pure AND so is kane's ru. both have been tested. i bought my ahk and myristate rum from the american source. i bought my asc from kane.

Awesome. I can't wait to order. I noticed they have the powder and a solution. You seem to be experienced with RU, what do you think would be better? Obviously making it myself could be a chore. And i'm guessing they put in the optimal dosage of Ru for each application.

True Maradona, I'll move my questions there.

Tracy C
06-27-2012, 10:52 PM

Any anti-androgen can cause male breast development. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you. Anyone who tells you that any drug has no side effects is lying to you.

Conpecia
06-28-2012, 02:23 PM

Another one bites the dust...

thechamp
07-04-2012, 04:15 AM
Latisse fir mpb relase date hopefully just one more year?

Dazza
07-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Phase 2 ends in sept i heard, so it's awhile yet.

Person
07-04-2012, 10:15 AM
it will most likely be available mid 2015

Follicle Death Row
07-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Any anti-androgen can cause male breast development. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you. Anyone who tells you that any drug has no side effects is lying to you.

Well said Tracy. Always have to be aware of the cost benefit with meds and work out if it's suitable.

BoSox
07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
it will most likely be available mid 2015

I thought they were releasing it 2013, where did 2015 come from?

neversaynever
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I thought they were releasing it 2013, where did 2015 come from?

Where did 2013 come from? They still need to do phase 3 testing...

mlao
07-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Given the pace at which they are moving the best prediction would be
Q4 2013 or Q1 2014.

TravisB
07-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I wonder if it would perhaps be so strong that we wouldn't need to take Fin?

BoSox
07-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, regardless of it's release date we need to know it works. September can't come soon enough.

yeahyeahyeah
07-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Well, regardless of it's release date we need to know it works. September can't come soon enough.

Really could do with this around my temples. Seems like it is much better then minox.

So much small vellius hair over there.

rdawg
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
I wonder if it would perhaps be so strong that we wouldn't need to take Fin?

Possible but fairly doubtful. This seems like a slightly stronger Minoxidil if anything, people that have tried it haven't claimed any amazing results from what i've seen.

Expect it to simply be an alternative to minoxidil. The big stuff is a few years away.

TravisB
07-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Possible but fairly doubtful. This seems like a slightly stronger Minoxidil if anything, people that have tried it haven't claimed any amazing results from what i've seen.

Expect it to simply be an alternative to minoxidil. The big stuff is a few years away.

Hmm I don't know. Would they spend millions $$$ for the FDA approval, if it didn't have potential to be MUCH stronger than minox?

I mean if it's only slightly better, it won't stand a chance against cheap minox.

Dazza
07-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Ofc they would spend that much even if it's slightly better. If you had a option to go with something that grew back 10&#37; or something that grew back 15% what would you pick? I understand price plays a part but results play a bigger role.

Tho I'm sure I heard there patient runs out this year for there eyelash product, maybe there looking to expand?

Tracy C
07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
I mean if it's only slightly better, it won't stand a chance against cheap minox.

I'm not sure about that. Some people do not respond to Minoxidil and some people simply don't want to use it. Those who do not respond to Minoxidil might respond to Bimatoprost. Those who do not want to use Minoxidil twice a day might be willing to use Bimatoprost once a day. Some people might be willing to use both. The bottom line is the more proven treatments available the better.

Person
07-05-2012, 11:55 AM
For Allergan to pursue making Latisse for scalp and spend millions in clinical trials, it must be more effective than minoxidil and/or have a better side effects profile. Also, even if it was very similar in terms of results, people will always like having another option. Especially if minox didnt work for them or gave them bad side effects.

If the Phase 2 results show that bimatoprost is more effective than minoxidil in September do you guys think that companies could start creating their own bimatoprost solutions and sell them soon after?. They wouldnt be FDA approved but neither are alot of supplements and people still buy them.

Person
07-05-2012, 12:19 PM
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7351404/description.html

Look at the examples at the bottom

rdawg
07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
For Allergan to pursue making Latisse for scalp and spend millions in clinical trials, it must be more effective than minoxidil and/or have a better side effects profile. Also, even if it was very similar in terms of results, people will always like having another option. Especially if minox didnt work for them or gave them bad side effects.

If the Phase 2 results show that bimatoprost is more effective than minoxidil in September do you guys think that companies could start creating their own bimatoprost solutions and sell them soon after?. They wouldnt be FDA approved but neither are alot of supplements and people still buy them.

I'd imagine the price in general would go down on this stuff. Right now it's kind of a niche product IMO for the eyebrows/eyelashes but if it's approved for hair it will be mass produced on a very large scale.

Maybe it will work out better for those that didn't get many results on minoxidil. The fact alone that it'll be the first approved hair medicine in 15 years is good enough for me to try it out!

gmonasco
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM
For Allergan to pursue making Latisse for scalp and spend millions in clinical trials, it must be more effective than minoxidil and/or have a better side effects profile.

Not quite. It means they have a reasonable expectation it will meet those criteria. They can't know for sure until after the clinical trials.

Kirby_
07-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Any news on whether this product will be released in Europe (specifically the UK)?

Person
08-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Bimatoprost for scalp is the only legitimate treatment that will be out by 2015. Histogen is still a long way away, realistically 2018 it will be available. Aderans realistically 2017-2020. Why is nobody on this forum talking about Allergan's Bimatoprost for scalp?

Allergan is a multi billion dollar publicly traded company that can go through these trials quickly without having to raise money. They finished the phase II clinical trial in july and we should see results in september or october.

BoSox
08-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Histogen is still a long way away, realistically 2018 it will be available. Aderans realistically 2017-2020

Aderans 2017-2020? Where in god's name did you pull that time frame out?

They plan to come to market 2014.. 2015-16ish by the latest.

Person
08-03-2012, 09:02 AM
BoSox; Aderans 2017-2020? Where in god's name did you pull that time frame out? They plan to come to market 2014.. 2015-16ish by the latest.

They have always "planned" to finish trials by this date, or come to market at that time. They Never do. That means nothing. At first i thought that too. But after doing extensive research it is still far from reaching the market.

I understand everyone wants to be optimistic, but sometimes you have to be realistic.

BoSox
08-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I do understand that, and there are set backs.. but they are going to start Phase 3 trials in Feb, if all goes well (which we will know by Octorber).

Regardless, as far as they are in their Phase 2.. Phase 3 will start soon, and Phase 3 won't take 3-7 years.

In other words, 2014-15 is a realistic timeframe.

rdawg
08-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I do understand that, and there are set backs.. but they are going to start Phase 3 trials in Feb, if all goes well (which we will know by Octorber).

Regardless, as far as they are in their Phase 2.. Phase 3 will start soon, and Phase 3 won't take 3-7 years.

In other words, 2014-15 is a realistic timeframe.

I believe Histogen ends phase 2 in December, saying 2017-2018 is way too far. If all goes to plan histogen will be out come late 2014-2015 in asia/europe.

The MORE important part is knowing if these products for sure are coming out, I dont mind waiting 3-4 years if next year I already know the product will be launching and say brings back 40% of your hair etc.

Allergan is good, but not anything special, essentially an alternative to minoxidil which could be slightly better.

Person
08-05-2012, 03:31 PM
rdawg;75410]I believe Histogen ends phase 2 in December, saying 2017-2018 is way too far. If all goes to plan histogen will be out come late 2014-2015 in asia/europe.

"If all goes to plan" . This rarely ever happens. To think that everything will happen right on schedule is unrealistic. Even if the trials WERE right on schedule, it would not be available immediately to the public that soon after it still has to get approved by the goverment agencies. They will take alot less time than the FDA , but will still take time. Phase II did not go exactly as planned and phase 3 will be larger and even more complex.

rdawg
08-05-2012, 09:10 PM
rdawg;75410]I believe Histogen ends phase 2 in December, saying 2017-2018 is way too far. If all goes to plan histogen will be out come late 2014-2015 in asia/europe.

"If all goes to plan" . This rarely ever happens. To think that everything will happen right on schedule is unrealistic. Even if the trials WERE right on schedule, it would not be available immediately to the public that soon after it still has to get approved by the goverment agencies. They will take alot less time than the FDA , but will still take time. Phase II did not go exactly as planned and phase 3 will be larger and even more complex.

Well essentially we'll know by october if it's continuing to do well so assuming it will or won't work right now is just silly.

If it continues like it should it will be I believe in Phase III January 2013, I highly doubt that takes 5 years to release the product. Phase III should take no more than a year as it means the product is proven to work, it just has to be tested on a larger scale.

Anyways no point in arguing now as neither of us know, I just wouldn't expect it to take another 6 years if they're already having really good results right now. I personally expect early/mid 2015 Asia/europe, late 2016 north america.

Person
08-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I heard/saw somewhere that Histogen is doing phase IIa and phase II b trials then a phase III. Does anyone know if this is true?

rdawg
08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
I heard/saw somewhere that Histogen is doing phase IIa and phase II b trials then a phase III. Does anyone know if this is true?

Noone has clarified on this yet, I had the very same question.

Person
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
David Risinger - Morgan Stanley, Research Division

My question is for Scott. Scott, I'm hoping that you can comment on the timing for LATISSE for hair loss. On clinicaltrials.gov, it indicates that the 2 Phase III trials in men and women are supposed to be completing in September. So that's next month. Just wondering, specifically, what investors should expect in terms of communication i.e., would you issue a press release before you present data at a medical conference? Do you not plan to disclose that data at all? How should we think about being informed about those Phase II results later this year?

Scott M. Whitcup

Sure. So like you stated, we have 2 programs: one in typical male pattern baldness; and 1 in female hair thinning. Both of those trials are fully recruited. Our plan will be to present those data at medical conferences, and those should be next year. We won't have the data until just before that, especially for our Phase II program. We wouldn't plan to issue a press release, but are always committed to try to get those out into medical conferences as soon as we can.

Person
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
So basically we will hear nothing of the phase II results for the next 4-6 months

Kiwi
08-09-2012, 12:02 AM
So basically we will hear nothing of the phase II results for the next 4-6 months

Which makes perfect sense :)

PinotQ
08-09-2012, 05:12 AM
That Q&A exchange is a little confusing. The analyst asking the question is referring to Phase III trials on clinicaltrials.gov which sounds like a typo given the context. I only see Phase II trials on that site and they end in September .......(although I thought I recalled in an earlier thread that they were supposed to end in July of this year with results being available in September). Then Scott responds that "We won't have the data until just before that (meaning next year 2013), especially for our Phase II program." Why would he say "especially for our Phase II" program if there was only a Phase II trial?

Person
08-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Which makes perfect sense :)

Sarcasm?

I didnt think it took that long to show results. I thought the study ended in July and results would be available in Sept. So my guess is they wont even start Phase III until 2022?

Person
08-09-2012, 11:01 AM
That Q&A exchange is a little confusing. The analyst asking the question is referring to Phase III trials on clinicaltrials.gov which sounds like a typo given the context. I only see Phase II trials on that site and they end in September .......(although I thought I recalled in an earlier thread that they were supposed to end in July of this year with results being available in September). Then Scott responds that "We won't have the data until just before that (meaning next year 2013), especially for our Phase II program." Why would he say "especially for our Phase II" program if there was only a Phase II trial?

Its a typo, he meant to say phase II. Not sure why he said especially?

clandestine
08-09-2012, 11:06 AM
This is the bim thread, not the histogen thread. Shh, go away.

TravisB
08-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Phas II trials are already finishing. But are there results of Phase I available somewhere?

If someone knows, please provide a link.

alanrudy
08-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Tracy C, I think it's been about 2 months and you said you were gonna give it at least 6 months, but anything to report yet? Pretty please? Anyone out there with some before/after pics with bimatoprost? So far it's been asked twice in this thread with no takers yet.

new bubble
08-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Tracy C, I think it's been about 2 months and you said you were gonna give it at least 6 months, but anything to report yet? Pretty please? Anyone out there with some before/after pics with bimatoprost? So far it's been asked twice in this thread with no takers yet.

This is way of topic but I've been looking at Allergen's stock and price, I checked out there charts and they look like its gonna fall and they have a big announcement in october about there product hope its not bad, rumours are positive about it but the charts say something else to me. Just my opinion

Person
08-29-2012, 09:01 AM
This is way of topic but I've been looking at Allergen's stock and price, I checked out there charts and they look like its gonna fall and they have a big announcement in october about there product hope its not bad, rumours are positive about it but the charts say something else to me. Just my opinion

I dont think that bimatoprost has much to do with Allergan's recently lower stock price. Where did you see that there would be a big announcement in October? Is that just a general announcement or specifically about bimatoprost/results?

new bubble
08-29-2012, 05:03 PM
I dont think that bimatoprost has much to do with Allergan's recently lower stock price. Where did you see that there would be a big announcement in October? Is that just a general announcement or specifically about bimatoprost/results?

one of the callers mentioned it on spencer last radio show

Thinning@30
08-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Person

one of the callers mentioned it on spencer last radio show

There seems to be a lot of hearsay regarding a possible announcement by Allergan next month. Was the caller a representative of Allergan or somehow in the know?

Person
09-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Allergan Bimatoprost phase II trials ended in July. Results calculated and study concluded this month. I saw somewhere they will discuss the results in October. Has anyone else heard that?

rdawg
09-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Allergan Bimatoprost phase II trials ended in July. Results calculated and study concluded this month. I saw somewhere they will discuss the results in October. Has anyone else heard that?

yes they said they have positive results to release in October I believe.

probably got approved for phase III. I don't expect results much better than say minoxidil level stuff.

Person
09-13-2012, 06:09 AM
yes they said they have positive results to release in October I believe.

probably got approved for phase III. I don't expect results much better than say minoxidil level stuff.

when/where did you hear that?

I am almost certain that Bimatoprost will be significantly more effective than minoxidil. Maybe 2 or 3 times more effective.

- In one study, bimatoprost .03&#37; used over 6 months produced the same results as minox 5% in the majority of the subjects. The bimatoprost they are testing now is a much larger concentration, and has specific components that will allow it to penetrate thick scalp skin and go directly to the follicle unlike the .03%.

- Minoxidil affects certain prostaglandins as a side effect. Bim directly affects them.

new bubble
09-13-2012, 06:24 AM

I am almost certain that Bimatoprost will be significantly more effective than minoxidil. Maybe 2 or 3 times more effective.

- In one study, bimatoprost .03% used over 6 months produced the same results as minox 5% in the majority of the subjects. The bimatoprost they are testing now is a much larger concentration, and has specific components that will allow it to penetrate thick scalp skin and go directly to the follicle unlike the .03%.

- Minoxidil affects certain prostaglandins as a side effect. Bim directly affects them.

I heard they will confirm positive results in october, listen to episode 46 and if i recall joe from staten island heard it on a allergan conferance call where the top man said something to that affect, thats the only information am going on so everyone need to check for themselves for accuracy

Dazza
09-13-2012, 07:35 AM

- In one study, bimatoprost .03% used over 6 months produced the same results as minox 5% in the majority of the subjects. The bimatoprost they are testing now is a much larger concentration, and has specific components that will allow it to penetrate thick scalp skin and go directly to the follicle unlike the .03%.

Can you give the link to the study please. Thanks

jls008
09-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Hello. I have 3 boxes sealed that I am happy to sell at my cost if anyone is interested. Please send me a private message if you are interested. Thanks!

MoreCoffee
09-23-2012, 11:33 AM
JLS I am guessing the bimat did nothing for you?

Dazza
09-23-2012, 12:41 PM
JLS I am guessing the bimat did nothing for you?

It's a scam

MrBlonde
10-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Can you give the link to the study please. Thanks

I'd also like to see the evidence that 0.3% bim was as effective as 5% minox

Link please

Person
10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
i cant find the original link. It was from one of Allergan's press releases/ quarterly updates. They were discussing the pre clinical studies and said that using .03 bimatoprost (latisse) on the scalp produced results identical/similar to minoxidil.

The versions they are testing now are much stonger. They also contain chemical properties that will allow the solution to penetrate thick scalp skin and get directly to the follicle. Also, their phase I studies showed it had much lower system absorbtion that minoxidil...AKA less side effects. The solution actually mimics a prostaglandin and is directly acting on the follicle where as minox can sometimes stimulate prostaglandins indirectly as a side effect (hence everyones variable results).

I dont think this will be a cure. But i do believe/hope that it will be a much superior product that will put rat piss (rogaine foam) out of business.

rdawg
10-02-2012, 09:55 PM
i cant find the original link. It was from one of Allergan's press releases/ quarterly updates. They were discussing the pre clinical studies and said that using .03 bimatoprost (latisse) on the scalp produced results identical/similar to minoxidil.

The versions they are testing now are much stonger. They also contain chemical properties that will allow the solution to penetrate thick scalp skin and get directly to the follicle. Also, their phase I studies showed it had much lower system absorbtion that minoxidil...AKA less side effects. The solution actually mimics a prostaglandin and is directly acting on the follicle where as minox can sometimes stimulate prostaglandins indirectly as a side effect (hence everyones variable results).

I dont think this will be a cure. But i do believe/hope that it will be a much superior product that will put rat piss (rogaine foam) out of business.

I highly doubt it will be anything more than 15-20% growth but even that is fantastic if it happens commonly between people.

Minoxidil rarely if ever causes growth, maybe slight or temporary growth but I find it to be more of a hairloss slower.

If Bitmaprost at least helps with minor hairloss, that is definitely a huge upgrade.

And luckily it will be out sometime in 2013-early 2014. Price is an issue though.

Pate
10-03-2012, 01:38 AM

This may be the trial that Alan Bauman did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZaKRsPAPps

That vid doesn't discuss results, but I seem to remember Spencer had him on TBT one day and he mentioned that the results were similar to minoxidil.

Conpecia
10-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Wasn't Tracy C trying this out? I wonder what dosage she took.

It seems like this treatment is the frontrunner in terms of a cutting edge product with a release date within the next couple years, as it appears to be an enhanced formulation of something that already exists. Hopefully it will work better than Minox, and even if it's merely on par with Minox I am excited about the prospect of not dealing with Minox-like side effects.

This month is going to crawl by. Surely one of these companies will have good news...

Person
10-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Wasn't Tracy C trying this out? I wonder what dosage she took.

It seems like this treatment is the frontrunner in terms of a cutting edge product with a release date within the next couple years, as it appears to be an enhanced formulation of something that already exists. Hopefully it will work better than Minox, and even if it's merely on par with Minox I am excited about the prospect of not dealing with Minox-like side effects.

This month is going to crawl by. Surely one of these companies will have good news...

she is mixing it in with minoxidil. Thus voiding the point of even trying. They work in 2 seperate ways, and she wont know what is causing growth ... minox or bim.

Rootzoost
10-11-2012, 02:40 PM
I think "BIM" stands a good chance of being the next mainstream drug that will market

thechamp
10-11-2012, 02:51 PM
How long and how effective is the question ?

Person
10-11-2012, 03:40 PM
We should hear something from Allergan before OCT 26. They also plan to release results from phase2 in jan or feb. Poop.

UK_
10-11-2012, 03:52 PM
It wont grow new hair - it may adjust the anagen growth phase positively - but I dont see anything miraculous coming out of this one - especially for those who are NW34567.

maxhair
10-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Agreed. There are centrifugal spinning devices which can separate BIM from its vehicle, leaving the raw compound to make a stronger version with, and yet we haven't heard of any success stories from anyone doing this, or from buying BIM by the gramme from China or wherever.

Spencer would have heard of such BIM successes, but he's predicting it won't amount to much, indicating he has heard no such success stories.

thechamp
10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Why do we want to hear it if its not good news? Why we wasting our time here?

Rootzoost
10-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Agreed. There are centrifugal spinning devices which can separate BIM from its vehicle, leaving the raw compound to make a stronger version with, and yet we haven't heard of any success stories from anyone doing this, or from buying BIM by the gramme from China or wherever.

Spencer would have heard of such BIM successes, but he's predicting it won't amount to much, indicating he has heard no such success stories.

It's is likely to be a super mixoxidi
It's very good at increasing hair pigmentation! Minox can do this some what not not nearly as good as BIM

yeahyeahyeah
10-12-2012, 07:42 AM
It wont grow new hair - it may adjust the anagen growth phase positively - but I dont see anything miraculous coming out of this one - especially for those who are NW34567.

It will help you maintain.

Rootzoost
10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah defo be great for a maintain!
Will only be good for regrowth if used with a AA

Person
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
it will be great for those with up to a nw3-4. Mainly helpful for those who have diffuse thinning.

rdawg
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
it will be great for those with up to a nw3-4. Mainly helpful for those who have diffuse thinning.

as of right now I see it as a slightly better alternative to Minoxidil, which in itself is a great thing as some may see better results by being on allergan instead of Minoxidil and vice versa.

mots options is always great and to have an actual third product approved by the FDA is fantastic in itself.

thechamp
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
How long until it hit shelvs?

Person
10-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Educated guess....June 2015 it will be on the shelf

This is by far the most realistic new treatment to come out in the next few years.

Treatments like Aderans, Histogen, Replicel will not realistically be available to the public until 2017-2018. This is just my opinion based on research of the companies and the FDA approval process.

thechamp
10-15-2012, 07:48 PM
I think it's a waste of time being on this site for another 3 years

krewel
10-15-2012, 08:15 PM
I think it's a waste of time being on this site for another 3 years

You actually got a point.

rdawg
10-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Educated guess....June 2015 it will be on the shelf

This is by far the most realistic new treatment to come out in the next few years.

Treatments like Aderans, Histogen, Replicel will not realistically be available to the public until 2017-2018. This is just my opinion based on research of the companies and the FDA approval process.

I'd say end of 2014 more likely, phase III begins in February, ends February 2014, a few months for production and you're talking probably august-october 2014 release.

If it has decent results it could tide a few people over until the 'major' products come out like the potentials Histogen, aderans etc.

Histogen aderans imo if they pass to phase III now, have no reason to wait until 2017-2018. If this stuff works now, and passes their current phases, we're looking at a 2015-2016 release. So it really depends on what happens in the next few months.

Rootzoost
10-16-2012, 06:10 AM
I'd say end of 2014 more likely, phase III begins in February, ends February 2014, a few months for production and you're talking probably august-october 2014 release.

If it has decent results it could tide a few people over until the 'major' products come out like the potentials Histogen, aderans etc.

Histogen aderans imo if they pass to phase III now, have no reason to wait until 2017-2018. If this stuff works now, and passes their current phases, we're looking at a 2015-2016 release. So it really depends on what happens in the next few months.

How do you know phase III begins in Feb??
Phase II results are not out yet are they!

rdawg
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
How do you know phase III begins in Feb??
Phase II results are not out yet are they!

Phase II is done by january-february.

they said they are having a presentation this month I believe, with final results in February. But the rumblings have all been positive.

If this thing works they'll be going straight to Phase III, finishing in february 2014, and launching it in market a few months later. This product is literally 2 years away barring a random setback.

Rootzoost
10-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Phase II is done by january-february.

they said they are having a presentation this month I believe, with final results in February. But the rumblings have all been positive.

If this thing works they'll be going straight to Phase III, finishing in february 2014, and launching it in market a few months later. This product is literally 2 years away barring a random setback.

2 years can't come soon enough!

Conpecia
10-16-2012, 04:06 PM
still haven't seen one photo of this working, haven't heard one success story around the web, haven't read any studies showing the efficacy...

not saying i don't believe it will work; i'd just like to see SOME sort of evidence.

guess we'll know where everything stands in the next two weeks.

Person
10-17-2012, 04:52 PM

What about the average FDA approval time of 9 months after Phase3 ends... then comes the production and it goes on the shelf. Right?

rdawg
10-17-2012, 06:00 PM
What about the average FDA approval time of 9 months after Phase3 ends... then comes the production and it goes on the shelf. Right?

someone would have to clarify if that's true for every product, but that still means December 2014 or very early 2015.

Rootzoost
10-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Some time in 2015 sounds more realistic to me

Thinning@30
10-22-2012, 08:15 PM
I thought Allergan would be presenting some sort of update of the phase II trials involving bimatoprost for scalp hair loss this month at the ISHRS conference. What happened?

Dazza
10-27-2012, 01:31 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9637522/Eye-drops-could-be-a-cure-for-baldness.html#

oh boy another cure!! we have had what 4 this year?
interesting read none the less :)

BoSox
10-28-2012, 05:26 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9637522/Eye-drops-could-be-a-cure-for-baldness.html#

oh boy another cure!! we have had what 4 this year?
interesting read none the less :)

Great news, I have high hopes for this. With all the advancements recently, these companies can't afford to wait. Good for us.

TravisB
10-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Somehow I doubt Bimatoprost alone will be enought to grow AND maintain the hair without the help of finasteride.

But if yes, then brilliant!

Pate
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I think it will probably be quite successful for female baldness. But MPB will probably be too aggressive.

But still, a good result in the lab studies. The reason you don't hear much about bim is because it's being developed by a reasonably big company. They don't need investors or to talk up their share price to raise capital like Replicel, Histogen or Cosmo. Corporate secrecy is much more important so they don't shout it from the rooftops. They will present when they need to in order to update their shareholders but not much more..

rdawg
10-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Somehow I doubt Bimatoprost alone will be enought to grow AND maintain the hair without the help of finasteride.

But if yes, then brilliant!

There's still a few positive things involbed with bimatoprost though:

1. It's 100% going to be the next available product on the market, most likely launching in late 2014/earl 2015. (all other products will probably be a year or two after that, with Histogen being the frontrunner.)

2. It's going to be the 3rd FDA approved hairloss product(well all signs are pointing to this), the first in 15 years. Finally an alternative to Minoxidil.

3. Who knows what this mixed with Fin and/or Minoxidil can do? Not to mention maybe this will work better than minoxidil for some people!

I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's a slow wait for sure, but we're within reach, I'd say within 5 years alot of us will have at least some of our hair back.

Conpecia
10-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Also there will most likely be less sides, a huge factor for many.

Desmond84
10-29-2012, 03:39 AM
Also there will most likely be less sides, a huge factor for many.

Hey guys,

Something that worries me about Bimatoprost and Prostaglandin analogues in general is their potential to cause skin pigmentation. A lot of glaucoma patients putting this stuff in their eyes, don't just get their iris colour changed, they also have a pigmented eye lids, which is darker than their natural skin colour.

Now if we're putting much higher doses on much larger areas, the potential for patchy pigmentation is quite high. Now that wouldn't be a problem if you have hair, but what if (what if) for whatever reason you give up on this treatment and you lose your hair. Then you may have pigmentations all over your scalp!!

Let's hope I'm wrong though

rdawg
10-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey guys,

Something that worries me about Bimatoprost and Prostaglandin analogues in general is their potential to cause skin pigmentation. A lot of glaucoma patients putting this stuff in their eyes, don't just get their iris colour changed, they also have a pigmented eye lids, which is darker than their natural skin colour.

Now if we're putting much higher doses on much larger areas, the potential for patchy pigmentation is quite high. Now that wouldn't be a problem if you have hair, but what if (what if) for whatever reason you give up on this treatment and you lose your hair. Then you may have pigmentations all over your scalp!!

Let's hope I'm wrong though

Well they have to test it for what, 3 years right? I'm sure this will be tested in the trials.

Person
10-31-2012, 04:52 PM
http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=SALP&date=20121030&id=15734030

search bimatoprost

Soo, they still have not analyzed phase 2 results. They will finish analyzing results in feb/march. If results are much better than minoxidil (as expected) then they will start preparing for a phase 3 trial. If not they will start preparing for a Phase IIb trial with a stronger formulation.

Summary: We are about 3 years away from it being on the shelf. So who cares.

Pate
10-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Good find, thanks for posting. 3 years still makes it about the nearest treatment on the horizon. Depressing as the thought is.

Person
11-02-2012, 12:38 PM
this is so damn annoying. Allergan will have the results analyzed by Jan/Feb, yet they will not share those results until a medical conference in JUNE?!?. I almost feel like big pharma loves to move at a snails pace. I give up on looking for new treatments.

It is a massive waste of time and mental energy.

FACT: No newer treatments will be available until atleast 2019.

rdawg
11-02-2012, 12:41 PM
this is so damn annoying. Allergan will have the results analyzed by Jan/Feb, yet they will not share those results until a medical conference in JUNE?!?. I almost feel like big pharma loves to move at a snails pace. I give up on looking for new treatments.

It is a massive waste of time and mental energy.

FACT: No newer treatments will be available until atleast 2019.

2019? Let's not get too crazy. we're looking at 2015 for the early stuff(Bim), 2016-2017 for the crazier stuff(Histogen, aderans etc.)

2019 is 7 years, I dont think any clinical trials with positive results will last that long. If Bim continues with positive results, it's about 2, maybe 3 years away.

Person
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
False.

I have done lots of research on Allergan and Bimatoprost. It is the only treatment I really see happening within 5 years.

1. Data wont even be public until June 2013 for phase II results
2. If it is not significantly better than minoxidil they will do an entire phase IIB study and increase dosage (add 1.75 years)
3. If it is successful they will do a phase III (add 2 years beginning in June 2013)
4. FDA approval + commercializing product (1.5 years).

Therefore,

2017 if the P2 results are promising, which I am confident they will be if all they have to do is beat minoxidil's lousy effectiveness. Minoxidil = rat piss.

rdawg
11-02-2012, 12:49 PM
False.

I have done lots of research on Allergan and Bimatoprost. It is the only treatment I really see happening within 5 years.

1. Data wont even be public until June 2013 for phase II results
2. If it is not significantly better than minoxidil they will do an entire phase IIB study and increase dosage (add 1.75 years)
3. If it is successful they will do a phase III (add 2 years beginning in June 2013)
4. FDA approval + commercializing product (1.5 years).

Therefore,

2017 if the P2 results are promising, which I am confident they will be if all they have to do is beat minoxidil's lousy effectiveness. Minoxidil = rat piss.

Confused on your math here. I was under the assumption a Phase III takes one year to complete not two. Also FDA approval takes a maximum of 9 months, not 1.5 years(doesnt take 6 months of commercials on top of that, maybe a few weeks.)

2016 at the latest for bim, you're looking at beyond a worse case scenario. Although I am curious about this IIb, what constitutes skipping IIb and going straight to III?

Person
11-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Confused on your math here. I was under the assumption a Phase III takes one year to complete not two. Also FDA approval takes a maximum of 9 months, not 1.5 years(doesnt take 6 months of commercials on top of that, maybe a few weeks.)

2016 at the latest for bim, you're looking at beyond a worse case scenario. Although I am curious about this IIb, what constitutes skipping IIb and going straight to III?

For the Phase 3 time I included the time it would take to forumlate the study, recruit subjects, do the study, and tabulate results.

okay maybe 1 year for FDA approval + commercialization

Phase 2 results will determine if they go to Phase 3 or do Phase 2B trial to improve results.

So....late 2016.

I wish you were right, i have high hopes for Bim. I KNOW it will be much more effective than minoxidil just based on the science behind it and its mechanism of action. Obviously Allergan agrees or the wouldnt spend millions doing these trials.

Pate
11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I agree, bim is the treatment most likely to actually reach the market IMO. 2016 is realistic too. CB is the nearest competitor but prob more like 2017 for that. It would be so good if CB and bim could replace fin and minox, I think nearly every guy could at least maintain and most would have at least some regrowth. And instead of 7 pills and 14 applications a week you are using CB twice a week and bim once a day.

And your dick will still work. It's pretty shameful that it'll be nearly 2020 before we can hopefully consign the dinosaurs fin & minox to the pharmaceutical scrap heap. This crap is 80s technology.

Unfortunately those of us already at high NWs will of course need more, but at least the younger guys coming through will hopefully have a viable treatment to hang on to their hair.

Person
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Pate;88057]I agree, bim is the treatment most likely to actually reach the market IMO. 2016 is realistic too. CB is the nearest competitor but prob more like 2017 for that. It would be so good if CB and bim could replace fin and minox, I think nearly every guy could at least maintain and most would have at least some regrowth. And instead of 7 pills and 14 applications a week you are using CB twice a week and bim once a day.

And your dick will still work. It's pretty shameful that it'll be nearly 2020 before we can hopefully consign the dinosaurs fin & minox to the pharmaceutical scrap heap. This crap is 80s technology.

Unfortunately those of us already at high NWs will of course need more, but at least the younger guys coming through will hopefully have a viable treatment to hang on to their hair.[/QUOTE/]

I'm already a NW9 so cluck it.

Supersixx
03-10-2013, 02:29 PM
For what's its worth. :)

The company: Allergan Inc.
Headquarters: Irvine
Ticker: AGN
Employees: 10,800

Leadership: David E.I. Pyott, chief executive since 1998

Revenue: $5.8 billion in 2012

Net income: $1.1 billion in 2012

Stock price: $108.60 at Friday's close

52-week range: $81.28 to $109.31

P/E ratio: 22.8 based on 2013 estimated earnings

Annual dividend: 5 cents, a current yield of about 0.2%

The business

This is the company that makes Botox. The wrinkle-erasing drug is Allergan's top-selling product ó with sales expected to reach $2 billion in 2013.

But there's more to Allergan than wrinkle medicine. The self-described "multi-specialty healthcare company" also sells breast implants, a prescription drug that enhances eyelashes, a line of ophthalmic pharmaceuticals and, at least for now, the Lap-Band weight-loss device.

The company reported record sales of $5.8 billion in 2012 and expects robust sales again this year ó$5.9 billion to $6.2 billion. Its stock hit an all-time high of $109.31 on Feb. 19]

Let's not forget Allergen. They got deep pockets and a foot in the game.

rdawg
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Any updates coming for this soon?

Isn't it going into phase III this year?

Still very interested in this, even if it's a simple alternative to minoxidil, the more options the better. You never know what could work well for you.

Kiwi
03-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Any updates coming for this soon?

Isn't it going into phase III this year?

Still very interested in this, even if it's a simple alternative to minoxidil, the more options the better. You never know what could work well for you.

If its a alternative with less shedding and no sides I'm going to buy it!!!!

GuyFromUK
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
On the Bald Truth show a couple of weeks ago JFSI mentioned a news report on Allergen's Latisse being used for hairloss. He said it was the best news report on hairloss he had ever seen in his life and that there were pictures of guys with NW6's who had grown considerably more hair. It sounded extremely promising.

Spencer asked Joe to post a link to the report on the forum but it didn't sound like he was going to.

Does anyone have the link for this report?

Kiwi
03-10-2013, 03:54 PM
No. Because JFSI doesn't actually do anything apart from talk the talk or complain like the bald b00b that he is.

JFSI - put your money where your mouth is son!!

JJJJrS
03-10-2013, 08:31 PM
On the Bald Truth show a couple of weeks ago JFSI mentioned a news report on Allergen's Latisse being used for hairloss. He said it was the best news report on hairloss he had ever seen in his life and that there were pictures of guys with NW6's who had grown considerably more hair. It sounded extremely promising.

Spencer asked Joe to post a link to the report on the forum but it didn't sound like he was going to.

Does anyone have the link for this report?

I'm pretty sure this was the report he was talking about:

Drugs For Eyelash Growth, Prostate Enlargement Repurposed To Stop Baldness (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/19/drugs-for-eyelash-growth-prostate-enlargement-repurposed-to-stop-baldness/)

There's a video of the report in the link also.

hairlessM
03-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I heard a lot about Bimatoprost 6 months ago but all that talk seems to have completely dried up. Unfortunate as it sounds promising.

UK_
03-12-2013, 01:14 AM
I'm pretty sure this was the report he was talking about:

Drugs For Eyelash Growth, Prostate Enlargement Repurposed To Stop Baldness (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/19/drugs-for-eyelash-growth-prostate-enlargement-repurposed-to-stop-baldness/)

There's a video of the report in the link also.

An article means nothing, probably because the people who write them are journalists with no clue of the hair loss industry.

Perfect example:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9485807/Baldness-cure-could-be-on-shelves-in-two-years.html